Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What odds on a 18k ring

Donut

I don’t have any idea on this so I thought I’d throw it out there.
I got a 18k ring yesterday water hunting and have been Detecting for 11 years and fin less than a week with my new Equanox 800 oi got tree rings one junk , one I think wedding band and one 18k.
My question from the experts here is how rare is it to get an 18k ring .
I’m just curious.
I’m not saying the Equanox made the difference.

Doug

Ok thanks , I guess I better get in gear as ice got 9 to go this year , lol

Any percentage would be a wild guess. Most could only base it on their finds.... then it’s location, machines used, even country...

Yea I realize that . Right time right place , it’s a could be game. Lol ,

I would talk to a jeweler. They could give you a better idea of what percentage of each they sell. In todays market I suspect that they sell more 14k rings just because of the popularity. Then 10k because of the lower price. I do not see that many 18k rings posted as being found so the sales of them has to be quite a bit lower due to the price.

Ok thanks and that is interesting and I didn’t think of it that way.
It will just stay with my bucket list, but it was cool to find especially being with a new machine and only days old and first time in water. I have been detecting for 45 years.
Thank you.
Your Friend; Doug

I found one on my first hunt out with my Equinox, total beginners luck!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuGhujbqSVo

Haven't found once since :(

18k (or .750) is the common ring gold in Europe. Most wedding bands there are .750. I even found a child's lady bug ring in .750 on a lake beach in Switzerland.

Cheap gold in Europe is normally 8kt (marked .333). Not much 14k.

Middle East, India it is normally 22Kt or .916

In my career I have found about 36 gold targets, a couple of religious medallions, a couple of chains, one old heavy rolled gold pocket watch and the rest rings.
One ring is an old, unmarked heirloom ring with a natural pearl that tests at 22K but that's the highest acid I have and I believe it is actually 24k.
One ring is Indian and marked 916.
The rest are all 14 and 10K.

To date I have not found anything marked or tested at 18k.
Not done looking, though.

When i started using the Nox...... and now the MDT it seemed nearly half of my finds were high K gold.... 18, 22 and even 24K. This was real surprising..... because like many have said they were a rare find. Is it possible it has to do with weight? If you and others consistently pound a beach ...... most using the same machines to the point its allegedly hunted out except for recent drops or sand movement.........then a machine like the Nox comes out.... all of a sudden... whats this 18K? Could it be the lighter gold has mostly been removed ..... and now lets say you got 1 inch more depth hit those heavy gold not seen?

Thanks everyone reading all the responses was interesting to read. The rings I have found are all cosmetic and just junk rings. So seeing that 18k was a real surprise. It is actually pretty thin but wide. And getting it with my new NOX just made things better.
Thank you everyone.

Your Friend. Doug