Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What Makes The Shadow X2 A Strong Seller

candycane

They always sell for 300 plus.

Don't know, but I just got one on ebay. Paid almost four hundred bucks. Could have waited and got it a bit cheaper, but I am 71 and who knows how long fate would let me wait. Been detecting a long time, mostly in the water, have used the x2 once, but I can tell you, I like it......a lot.

I can tell you the X2 was based on the Tesoro Silver Sabre Umax which was a good machine in its own right, then modified by Troy to be somewhat souped up. I believe there was a button added that somehow helps to identify coins as well. At least, that's my understanding. They are supposed to be an excellent detector and seem to always sell high even though they're not produced any longer, plus the fact there aren't a great many around for sale, so the price stays pretty well up there. One additional advantage is their compatibility with Tesoro umax series coils. I have several of the base Tesoro SSumax detectors and you'd have a hard time talking me out of them and the Troy is supposedly bigger and better, so to speak. My two cents.
BB

BarberBill said:
I can tell you the X2 was based on the Tesoro Silver Sabre Umax which was a good machine in its own right, then modified by Troy to be somewhat souped up. I believe there was a button added that somehow helps to identify coins as well. At least, that's my understanding.
BB, you are only partially correct. The Troy Shadow X2 was based on the Silver Sabre

If you can get your hands on one, get it. its a coin magnet. I do all my park/tot lot hunting with one and just love it. The coin check is a back saver, Zinc pennies becomes choppy and silver/clad has a nice zip to it.

Here is the tips page from the Troy site.
http://www.troycustomdetectors.com/x2tips.html

Monte could the same be said of the X3's and X5's
I mean that they are souped up tesoros as well I have a Vaquero and a couple of Compadres but I keep eyeing the troys and think of getting one but the price scares me off

for a couple more bucks I could get another "V" or a Golden over an X2?

The Shadow X3 & X5 Were made for Troy by Fisher, I was NOT Impressed by the X5 and it is not worth your time. I think the Vaquero is twice the machine. I use the Tejon, wich in my opinion is better than the X5....The price keeps comming down on the used ones, I have seen X5's going for $400, exactly what they should have sold for when new. The X2 by Tesoro is built really well and yes somewhat different than the SSuMax. It was built with better electronics and the Super 7 coil is hotter than the stock 8" donut Tesoro coil

pulltab said:
Monte could the same be said of the X3's and X5's
I mean that they are souped up tesoros as well I have a Vaquero and a couple of Compadres but I keep eyeing the troys and think of getting one but the price scares me off

for a couple more bucks I could get another "V" or a Golden over an X2?

there are some Tesoro models that are on my personal favorite list. Depending upon the applications I especially like the 'original' Eldorado and the Eldorado