Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

what machine do you use

idig3

what machine do you use, and what have you used in the past (any brand)? any differences to note? Tesoro is the best for me

Yes, Tesoro is the best I've used so far!!!! I started with a Radio shack Discovery 2000(bounty hunter lone star), which was a capable machine and it found coins but was kinda erratic and I was always second guessing what it was telling me. I next got a Garrett ACE250, nice machine and a killer at tot lots for shallow coins, but I never seemed to find anything deeper than 6". I really like the ACE for the price it was a great deal. I next got my Cibola and have been overjoyed with it!!!! I realized how much time was wasted looking at a screen and watching icons bounce around trying to decide whether or not to dig- not anymore!!!!! Set it and forget it, it beeps you dig right where you x the target. I now am thinking of getting a top end machine but do I need it- nah. The Cibola does everything you need it to. Thanks for listening to me babble:super:
Greg

Tesoro Golden Umax as my back-up, and a Garrett ACE250 as back-up #2.
I used to have a Bandito Umax.
I'm a member of two detector clubs and have hunted beside all brands. I don't think the Tesoro machines take a back seat to any of them.
If I had to pick a different machine it would probably be an Explorer.

I have an Ace 250 (my first) and I've had a Bandido uMax and a Garrett Master Hunter CXIII. The Deleon has been my favorite.

Next move.........trade the Ace towards a Cortes.

[quote idig3]what machine do you use, and what have you used in the past (any brand)? any differences to note? Tesoro is the best for me[/quote]

absolutely love it. I used to be a devoted Nautilus fan using the model IIB. But in actual field tests I've found the Tejon to be superior to the Nautilus in dependability, target separation, weight, ease of use, and in some cases even depth.

I've used Minelab which I hated. Nuff said.

Some of the higher end Whites and Garretts are very good machines but overall Tesoro still beats them when all things are considered.

Just my opinion.

Myron

I use a Tejon as my primary but I also use the XLT, DMC2B, and Minelab XS. I love the Tejon and it is my favorite relic hunter.
Mike

I use a Deleon, I have access to an Xterra-30 and my daughter has a BH Discovery 1100 that I bought her.

The Deleon finds it all, coins, metals, relics, jewelry. My only complaint is the lack of backlight!! Now some of you might say "what do you need a backlight for?" I go detecting most of the time with whitetails4ever and his XLT has one and we both have lights we can wear on our heads to see and detect. I have tried to work something out with my detector but so far haven't achieved the results I am looking for. I can tell you that find for find I keep up with the XLT! He has one 1898 IH and I don't but I have a silver quarter and he hasn't found a silver coin yet. In my humble opinion, I have used an XLT, DFX, X-30, Garrett 250, Fisher (can't remember which one), the BH and my Deleon and I will NOT give up my Deleon. The only other issue I have is with electrical interference. I cannot use my Deleon in the front of my house due to a huge electrical box and transformer on the edge of the property. My daughter got her Discovery 1100 Friday and has found 1 1946 Wheat, 1 1994 Candian Quarter, 1 Aluminum Pool token, a lot of pennies (most copper strangely enough) and two dimes in about an hour. As I said my Deleon won't work in this area and I have experienced this problem two other times. I have contacted Tesoro and they have offered to tune the machine if I send it in. I will wait until winter to do this. Other wise I LOVE TESORO and they don't pay me to say that nor am I a dealer.

I have a Cibola, an ace 250 and I just received a Vaquero and also have had several different brands. I have had two Garrets,three Whites,two Fishers ,one Nautilus and a couple of off brands. All have pros and cons but after hunting with my cibola ,I went back to my CZ5 that I just traded and it felt like a brick. The CZ was a great machine for but I am sure I have passed up some good finds because of the meter and iffy tones. I like the set the controls and if it beeps dig it . The CZ also loved iron .I also had a whites silver eagle at one time that was a nice deep machine but kinda heavy. I think all and all you just can't beat the whole Tesoro package. Lite,deep easy to use machines with a lifetime warranty.

[quote idig3]well said birdman how did the vaquero compare? has anyone compared
there tesoro to a minelab?[/quote]

Yes, I owned the Minelab Excalibur 1000 (10-inch coil) and used it for land hunting because I was told it was as good as a Minelab GT.

Well, I found the Excalibur to be so nasty heavy and out-of-balance that I was forced to buy an after market beach type shaft to get it more balanced.

I soon discovered it was terrible at pinpointing and target separation was a joke. And the story that Minelabs totally ignore iron is so much hogwash.

After well over 100 hours of use and following the instructions of many advanced users, my Excal went on ebay and it was the happiest day of my life when I sold it. I lost maybe $300 in 6 months time but it was worth getting rid of it.

On dry land the Excalibur with 10-inch coil gets about the same depth as a Tesoro Compadre with its 5.75" round concentric coil but the Compadre is superior due to its target separational abilities.

I shall never forget the day I buried a silver half dollar at 4 inches and my Excalibur couldn't detect it. I sent it back to the company and it checked perfect. That's when I sold it.

Myron

Tesoro (Tejon and Cibola), Minelab, Whites, and Garrett.
I wont give up my Tesoro's - unless Tesoro comes out with another model that I would rather have - but better yet, I would probably just add another new model to what I already have. There is just something about the Tejon and Cibola that I like, they work for me.:tesoro:

Right now:
Garrett GTP 1350 - ACE 250
Tesoro - Vaquero, Golden uMax and Tiger Shark.

I have used Fisher, (1266X and CZ7a Pro),
Whites, (Classic III and Spectrum)
Garrett (CXII and GTA 1000)
Tesoros (SSII, SS uMax, Eldorado, Bandido II).

My favorite? Any Tesoro on the uMax platform.

I currently have
explore 11 with sunray , ace 250 ,sand shark ,troy x5. The troy is my primary land machine. Just bought a uniprobe headset that I can use for all of them great investment. Dan:thumbup:

Presently:
Whites M6 (cracking bit of kit, so far, fairly good target separation, wondeful depth, great modulated depth sound, 7 tones and rotary knobs with a headsup display, likes most Candian coins, especially $2 coins)

Past:
Fisher 1260x (a great stable silver hunter, maybe my fave ~18 years)

Whites Liberty II (fun fun fun machine, still have it, flakey now 20+ years old)

Fisher 1235x (too noisy, loved iron)

Fisher CZ5 (too heavy and target separation not good enough, needed to be in salt mode to like Canadian coins)

Whites PIV (light, lots of features good machine good on Candian coins, Mrs. likes it)

Garret Treasure ace 250 (super coin unit, whipped cz5 target for target, good on Canadian coins)

Bounty Hunter Tracker IV (odd looking but great park and sand machine, not a depth demon, but good on Canadian coins. I think that this is one of the most underrated units out there)

Tesoro Vaquero (super detector needs different battery setup, best target separation of any unit I have tried, frighteningly good with 5.75 concentric coil)

Whites XLT (just didn't like it, menus, menus, long story about small gold. Ask me sometime when I am finished crying)

Tesoro Deleon (good machine, 60 cycle interference too pronounced)

I dont know ANYONE that uses a designated underwater detector as there primary land detector, thats just wacked! (Chuckles to himself) Now I have heard it all!
Roflmao!