Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

what luck!!

politcalmatrix

I just wanted to share this with you all. people are right on in this forum, and you should ask for permission on grounds as much as you can. this being said , i was recently spending some time with my mom and pop at there house, this doesnt seem like much but..... my father happens to be on the city council.... what does this have to do with what i am goin to tell you??? you shall soon see. as most of you know i live in wyoming not really known for its gold , but more of a coal state for the railroad in the old days. here is the exciting news.... i live in what is known as butch cassidy country , as a matter of fact i live in evanston wyoming, and butch cassidy and his gang tried to rob our bank, dint get away with it but, still they tried.

heheh, i am getting to the good stuff, ...... anyways lots of history here, and i checked the antiquity laws here with the local archeologist, and anytyhing over 50 years old is concidered illegal to take, that is fine, becuase it doesnt pertain to privately owned property, i dont mind that, cux i have recently been given permission to md on 80 acres of land owned by a near by town here. and on top of that, we have several parks near a river that people use to do some camping and such, in all total dealing with the city council and such i estimate i have written permission to md on about 140 acres of land. and the council has sent me maps of the areas also, all in all, as much as a pain in the rear as it is to find out about the local laws and lands, i do emplore you to be friendly with your city council and the like, granted i have an in , and live in a fairly small town of about 30, 000 people , but if you look at the broader picture, with 140 acres of written permission and the history of my local area, and the possiblity of the stuff i could find, i think i have been givin a gift that most people that are in to this hobby would love to have. and btw, it is out of the eye of the public also for the most part.

anyways , just wanted to share this with all of you , i still have 2 ft of snow on the ground here, and am anxiously awaiting the day i can go out and start using my machines (btw i own 2 QDII and havent been able to use them yet.)
Happy hunting and good luck to you all,

Great luck I would say...if you get the City Council in your pocket, who knows what other fortunes will come your way...

BH-LandStar

Great and good luck with the hunting!
And be sure to post any pics of your finds,
we all would love to see them!

HH

I wish you all the best with your hunting. I don't know if too many forum users know this but here goes, around every major coal deposit in Australia we have gold mines! In Clermont Qld, the gold sits on top of the coal deposits, they are in the process of taking all the overburden off and simply filling in other open cuts with it. There is literly millions of dollars worth of gold sitting on top that is going to waste. They are not interested in the millions of $ worth of gold, they want to get to the hundreds of millions worth of coal underneath. It makes my angry that all that gold will be forever out of the reach of detector operators. They are moving an entire major highway 17 kilometes away to get to the coal. I would check your local library for any info RE: alluvial gold deposits in your area, no matter how small, you may be surprised,:detecting: most of these areas are usually on the boundary of the coal deposits. HH regards Nugget.

Not sure Peter, I'll have a look at the mining records and get back to you on that. HH regards Nugget.:detecting: