Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What kind of Headphones?

Hi,
I have both Killer B Wasps and RATphones. Both have excellent sound quality, but I think the RATphones have the edge. Both are comfortable as well. I will say this about the Killer B's. I bought mine back in June and in the first 3 months of having them, they had to be returned twice. Once for a volume control knob that went bad within weeks and the other for a broken bracket. The headphones were used a total of about 8 times and never abused or even used hard. In fact, they looked brand new when they started to have problems. Perhaps it was just bad luck on my part. The company did fix and then eventually replace them with a short turnaround time, but I started to use the RATphones and love them. They are comfortable, simple in design and built very well. You will need to buy a pair of headphones with a limiter circuit. Shallow targets really tend to blast your ears with the MXT.
Bill

I also use both the Killer Bee Wasps and Rat phones. I like both very well, the Rat phones are a bit more comfortable (for my head). The Killer Bee's seem to have a "crisper" tone (for my liking). I'm thinking of switching the speakers in each pr. so I'll have the best of both worlds with the Rats.
The BEE's developed a broken wire inside one of the cups after about a yr. or so but was only 10 minutes to fix. I've never had a problem since, I've not had any problems w/the Rats. A nice feature on the Rats is that the connector cable has a plug on each, the cable can be unplugged from either the phones or the detector.

DW

The Ratphone cable is replaceable. Rick will work with you to customize the limiter volume. I've had great luck with mine. I added a switch so they could be used without the limiter if for a reason I needed to. Rob