Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What kind of gloves do you have?

metaltaylor4

I have gone through 2 pairs of gloves, first one mostly cloth, second one top cloth bottom of your hand rubber, but both give an awful stench when me and my dad take ours off. Most likely the sweat being tucked in but are there certain kinds of gloves that don't reek by the end of the hunt? :shrug:

grip is great. Kinda mold to your hand. keeps hands dry and warm.

Great tip Elton.

just kidding!...I've never used them since I've never had a problem getting cut on metal, glass, or the like but I have been thinking about it since my fingers do get chewed up pretty good during a productive day of detecting with lots of holes...HH

I've been using the cloth/rubber gloves as well, but I think I'll try a pair of the
diver's gloves next year.

Mark

n/t

I also use the knit ones with the latex coating. One pair usually last the whole season and only cost two to three dollars.
At the end of the day your hands are fairly clean and no cuts!

I only use the mechanics type gloves. They may be a little pricey, but last a long time and the feel for objects and "fit" is very good. They don't have those "extra long fingers" like a lot of gloves do..Availability isn't bad: car parts stores, Walmart, Sears, etc...They do an excellent job of protecting your hands from pokes, cuts, and the drying out effect that soil has on my hands, causing those painful cracks in the skin at your fingernail corners..

Boss thin rubber with a cloth wrist band. Wet doesn't get my hand freezing and the rubber is thin enough that you can feel a coin in a slit you dug. The rubber is also thick enough that I haven't been cut by anything. I used a pair hard and they finally started to check and deteriorate after a year. $5 and I got a set for another year. Some of the dirt and mud around here is harder to get off than the grease from under your car. Jim

i use gloves from lowes....

they are made by cobalt and are blue...

they are like a mechanics glove...

i find them in the tool department..

10 bucks...excellent gloves......