Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What kind of digital scales are best and where to acruire

GetRdone

Would appreciate any help you could give me on this subject, such as different weights in grams, grains, oz etc, also how large a scale 300 gram, 500 gram etc, cost if you know and where to acquire, thanks.

GetRdone

Here is a website to check out I took it out of one of my Rock & Gem Magazines. They have a wide variety of scales with a wide variety of prices.

The website is www.miniscales.us

Don

Harbor Freight has a dandy for cheap. Called US Balance it has six weighing modes and weighs up to 1000 G and has a five year warranty.

Bill

... much as some people seem to hate ebay, if you know how to use it, it can lead to some deals.
I got my scale for about 15$ and it does up to 100 grams. It even came with calibration weights.
Here's the kind I got:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Neva-1-100g-Accuracy-High-Precision-Pocket-Scale_W0QQitemZ230314258462QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item230314258462&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

I have several scales. All weigh within a tenth of a gram of each other even after sitting for long periods without calibration. I bought two on eBay one at a flea market. I paid 4.99 for one scale and the shipping was 10 or 12 bucks. The second was from a different company and the scale was 6.99 with 10 dollar shipping and handling. I went into both deals with my eyes wide open knowing that the guy was making all his profit on the handling. One scale arrived broken and the guy replaced it. One no longer holds calibration so it has to be calibrated before every use which isn't too much of a bother. I lucked into finding one at a flea market and it is my preferred scale now and I paid 10 bucks for it. I am certain the guy was selling them to mostly drug dealers but it weighs in troy ounces and carats too so handy for metals. If I had a Harbor Freight by me I would have gone to them and bought the one UW has. A digital scale is a must in this hobby. Don't pay more than 20 bucks.

Chris

Tried to find the scale you were talking about, US balance, they evidently no longer carry them, or I'm not getting to the correct scale place on thier site, do you happen to know if they still carry them, thanks.

Yeah they don't have mine listed but I bought it in the store and they often have stuff there that isn't listed on their site - but they do have three or four listed of a different brand from $14.99 up. Did you check those out?. Do you have a HF store close to you?
Their web site harborfreight.com

Bill

Thanks for the answer, no, no harbor frieght store, but did find one like you said you have on ebay, so purchased it for $19.95, shipped and insured, don't know what yours cost, but didn't think that was too bad, anyway thanks for the help from you and all the rest who gave information, HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think that's around what I paid. They're good scales and weigh everything, troy, grain, gram. carat, dwt, oz.

Bill