Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What kind of depth should my Excal 1000 get on coins in wet sand?

Well it depends...... I have dug quarters at around 10 to 12 inches. thats in wet ocean sand. if I set in auto tune i seem to loose a few inches of depth. when
I got my excal. approx. 7 years ago i didnt like it at all at first. i didnt like the idea of the multi tone not returning to a defult tone like other detectors i owned. the balance of the unit was lousy. Now i wouldnt trade it for the world....... first I made a hip mount. than i began experimenting and taking advice from others. the multi tone not resetting to a default tone helps because if you get a very weak signal or you are close to out of range the tone changes and you stop , back up and re-check that area. i have found many of my nicer deep finds that i would have missed without this feature. At the beach i keep my disc. set at one and a half. i set the threshhold to a faint audible tone. the sensitivity well it depends where i am hunting. but i start at the full high (just out of auto) I slowly turn down till a somewhat stable tone . or till I am not getting false signals I actually think with a false signal every now and then is fine cuz i know I am getting max depth. with a faint threshhold i dig all negative tones (sound goes away) these are sometimes thin loop earrings, thin gold chains. a bottle cap is pretty distinctive but i dig them too. cuz sometimes they can be goodies as well...... so far with the excal.1000 I have over a pound in gold jewlrey. get out and hunt with it you will love it!!

Happy Hunting!!

mike

I have dug deep coins also.