Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

what I've learned from Christian denominations

My wife and I have learned a lot about the differnt bodies of believers, the mennonites! A life of holiness and real commitment to soul saving especially missionary work , separation from a lot of worldly entertainments , many of them think the TV is a sewer line from hell into the home, consciousness objectors, these christians really do turn the other check. Divorce and remarriage a no ! Unless the spouse dies . many churches sing accapella only, but will have instruments at home, most women wear head coverings and make their own dresses, men dress modestly as well. When you meet them they can be reserved but not like the amish, spend a little time with them and they will love you like a puppy. And l have never seen their kids crying in a store ! They are well behaved , the ones I know have cars , but their are still horse and buggy groups. When you visit their church it can be a bit culture shocking, their quite reverence to god is beautiful, and you will here the gospel preached in its entirety. Some even preach a fire and brimstone pulpit pounding message . and they will usually help anyone. Waterhound. Next ! The baptist!

The baptists! Adrian rogers is still my favorite preacher, the baptist I've worshipped with are friendly ! Back slapping , manly hand shaking good old boys and gals. You will always here salvation preached in every 3 to 6 point message, and a altar call after the message, if a visitor does not leave with their heart plowed , under conviction and have some hope, they must be a zombie , they get people saved! Give Jesus the glory! And you will here good gospel singing ! With small groups doing specials, and a piano or organ or both being played somtimes by the pastors wife. These Christians knock on more doors than the Avon lady, or the J W s. And their bus ministry gets childern into the church and they here the soul saving truth about Jesus, and take it home to their parents. Some advice ! Please dont discuss bible versions or eternal security with them, just enjoy the preaching and singing , now! The baptist I know are not cheek turners as far as fighting for family and country, I like that! They will stand up for what is right. If I was looking to be saved I would want a baptist to knock on my door, and if l was dying I would want a baptist pastor at my bed side. Next! Pentecostal

Pentecostals ! I know the church of God brethern, if youve never been to this type of church get ready for a real treat! These people know how to worship God ! Without the fear of what others think, in this church you will here praise the lord, hallejuah ! These Christians move when they worship God! Hand clapping , swaying. Both hands held up to God! This church takes me out of my comfort zone. Then l start smiling and having fun worshiping the lord with them. If you stick around awhile you may see manifestations of the spirit ! Tongues are spoken at the church I go to. These christians believe in the gifts of the spirit and baptism of the spirit , healings and miracles . the full gospel will be preached with much praise, and humor at times . and of course being born again, they have a real sensitivity to the holy spirit. If you wanted someone to pray for the holy spirits presence in your life I'd ask a couple of faithful pentecostal women to pray for you but be ready! I know of a Mennonite church that became pentcostal ! I call them penonites ! They seemed to have been freed in some ways . somtimes God loosens and somtimes God tightens his flocks and individuals , oh by the way I think these christians loved my wife and I the most. And be ready for guitars and drums. Next the church of Christ.

s

I was a Bapticostal and used to go to the Baptist Church but then started going to Pentecostal church with my brother, sister-in-law, her brother, wife and family and their mother and dad! Always has a wonderful Holy Spirit time in the Lord~! Became truly saved and filled with God's Holy Spirit and used to pray and read the Bible every morning before doing anything else. even working and/or :detecting: ! Also, have written many spirit-filled poems from my Savior and Lord Jesus by God's Holy Spirit! ! The best church times that I had worshipping and glorifying the Lord and singing praises of hymns to Him with my other Christian brothers and sister! Amen! Always went to smaller congregational or medium size churches so always like them better, as that is what we had when living on the farm as a child growing up! :angel: Ma

I here you ma! I love the smaller. Churches, and even though I am not spirit filled or speak in tongues I believe its real because the bible tells me so! And how these Christians live so faithful , the fruit their lives for Christ produce. I believe we will see more signs and wonders from the pouring out of Gods holy spirit on this earth, also darkness is showing its self openly, and I can see much of mathew 24. In the TV. News . Jesus is coming ! And he will be differnt from the first time, and every eye shall see him, and it won't take the liberal news media! On TV,! I need to start falling on my knees now ! It is good to fear the lord ! Waterhound

Yes, Jesus I believe is coming back soon to catch His faithful saints up, up, and away into the air where we ill meet Him and all true believers who living for and obeyed Christ! Oh, what a Wonderful and Glorious Day that will be, when Jesus we see! Amen!

Well I've went to many other christian churches , and learned that God has a lot going on, and how he does it is through his son s many different flocks and sheep. And its great! Waterhound.

Yes, WaterHound.....although satan is trying with his servants to destroy what peace we have in this sinful world....our God Jehovah is greater and always will be! Satan and his evil ones only have the power that God allows him to have and for as long as He wants the demon possessed unbelieving fools to have it! Jesus has the last Word.....and it is V i c t o r y in J E S U S! Let us keep on the right side of mortality and bear good fruit for Him in the calling He has for each Child of God!! Amen! :angel: Ma

OK sister ma Betty!

Highly doubt the bunch mentioned in an above comment knock on more doors than the J.W.s. The latest statistics for JW's is well over a billion hours annually with information available in nearly 900 languages. They are adding nearly 2 languages per week for people to find out what the Bible really says