Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What is the weight of the old M/L 7.5" and the new M/L Tornado 7.5" coil. Is the Tornado lighter. Thanks. :D: :D:

Hey Bud,

Happy Thanksgiving, glad to see you are back on the computer.

Chuck in Cape Coral

A big Happy Thanksgiving to you and Karen too. Still sanded in bad here. Everthing is 10 to 14"s down. :thumbdown:. Hard work digging that deep. My SE and GT really getting a work out on this black sand beach. Still only got the 3 gold but, they paid for my trip over here. Maybe will get another bad NE wind and it rips some more sand off this beach. Tell Frank and Jerry Hi for me when you see them. HH Later Bud, Jerry aka Tinfoil

Hey Tinfoil,

The 8" tornado coil is 553 grams

The Sunray S8 is 508 grams.

Both with the full length cables and covers

I dont have any of the older BBS coils to weigh. I do have a coinsearch I can weigh later if you want that info.

Before I weighed these I would have guessed the tornado was the lightest of the 8" coils but now I see its not.

HH
Neil

Tornado 8" coil 553 grams or 19.5 ozs

Sunray S8 coil 508 grams or 17.92 ozs

Coinsearch 8" coil 569 grams or 20.07 ozs

all coils with full length cable and covers

I would say your correct on the BBS coils weighing more than them all.

Now that Ive used the Tornado coils more I think all these coils are about the same performance wise. You have to use less sens on the Tornado coil but you will get about the same depth.

HH
Neil

Coil Weights I got from Kens W site
(without covers)
S-5 12oz
Joey 16oz
S-8 19oz
8"CS 19.5oz
BBS8 22oz
S-12 23.5oz
10" tnado 23.9oz
11"CS 24oz