Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What is it?

CliffHanger

Dish shaped coin, or what ever it is. See photo with a nickel for size. Top side has the words: UNITED STATES OF AMERICA ONE CENT. Back side has the words: IN GOD WE TRUST. Also along the edge on the back are the letters LIB. Across the coin also on the edge is the # 82.

Thanks and ..... HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CliffHanger

[attachment 77168 CrosStafamp5c.JPG]
[attachment 77169 CrosStafFront.JPG]
[attachment 77170 CrossStafBack.JPG]

Looks like a penny that was fashioned into a token. The symbol appears to be masonic, I think. Any Mason's out there? Nice uncommon find.:clapping:

If you are quick, there is a similar stamped cent currently on ebay:
>>
OLD COPPER MASONIC CENT TOKEN. HAS THE SQUARE & COMPASS ON ONE SIDE, DIVISION #32 ON THE OTHER SIDE. 3/4". NICE PATINA.<<

[attachment 77182 mason1a.jpeg]
[attachment 77183 mason1b.jpeg]

Neat find, thanks for posting!

http://cgi.ebay.com/OLD-32-MASONIC-CENT-COIN-TOKEN-COMPASS-SQUARE_W0QQitemZ360008906740QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item360008906740

I did a quick search & it is POSSIBLE that it is something to do with the "order of the white shrine of jerusalem". However... the symbol for it is supposed to be a cross & sheperd's staff (cane) crossed over a star. However... i have seen a couple of gold pins (on ebay) that is just a cross with the cane & no star. http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?from=R40&_trksid=m37&satitle=white+shrine+

Someone who is a better researcher (than I) could probably follow up more.

Btw.... I think that is a REALLY cool find!