Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What Is Induction Balance On A MD.

candycane

n/t

Induction Balance I.B. is a detector principle like B.F.O. (Beat Frequency), P.I. (pulse) or S.P.D.(motion).

They normally have two, sometimes three coils, stacked one above the other in the search head that are aligned so that the transmit and receive coils are balanced to each other.
When the detector head passes over metal the electrical balance is disturbed and the difference is amplified into a signal that is passed to the detectors headphones/meter or speaker.

The pinpointing is better than most machines as the coil has a sensitive spot much smaller than the size of the coil itself ie a ten inch coil might only have a five or six inch hot spot. So easy to pinpoint but much more overlapping of sweeps needed.

[size=large]B.F.O. (Beat Frequency Oscillation) models were popular.

It implies that you are INDUCING or TRANSMITTING and electromagnetic field about a coil (wire windings) and the signal is BALANCED using the RECEIVE coil and circuitry. This is a short, simple explanation. I/B and T/R operating principles are the same, and the T/R (Transmit/Receive) terminology became more popular. A good example of this is those very early Compass Yukon I/B detectors that were later renamed the Yukon T/R models.

Monte[/size]