Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What is closest to a Whites MXT?

marcoo

Hi,

I looked over Tesoro hard before buying a Whites MXT and I'm still interested in Tesoro. I suspect I'll buy a Tiger Shark for lake hunting, but what machine would you all suggest for nugget shooting and coin and jewelry if it wasn't the Lobo. The reason I exclude the Lobo is weight. The MXT is a little weighty for me which is why I am considering a Tesoro or Detector Pro. Any Tesoro's fit my bill?

Thanks for your help.

I'd think it would work well for nuggets as well. The 17+ khz frequency puts it right up there with many nugget machines. As far as coins, I haven't used the Tejon for very long, but in that time I've pulled up a merc, 1 IH, a shield nickel and just yesterday a '48 Washington quarter in some heavily hunted sites... not to mention a handful of wheaties. It will go deep for coins. Airtests small gold jewelry further out than anything else I've used (right now I have 6 machines).

Skillet

I totally concur with the advice. The TeJon would provide excellent performance at a great price, and the customer service is nothing short of phenominal. As a dealer, Tesoro makes me look good all of the time. The machines just work, and if they should succumb to the way some of us use them, Tesoro is right on the ball in the service department as well. Your thoughts on the Tiger Shark are right on as well...simply superb water hunter!

Good Luck and Good Hunting
Chuck@TreasureHut