Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What is an iffy signal?

wymanwvp1

I keep hearing people say always dig the iffy signals. What exactly does an iffy signal sound like? Is it when the sounds jumps all around or a different kinda tone?

Thanks for your help!
wyman

You know what a good signal sounds like? Well an iffy signal is one that is almost good but you walk away from and keep thinking about so you go back and check it again. Don't walk just dig. You may be pleasantly surprised.

Tinfoil,
Iffy signals are signals that read and/or sound good from one direction and different or not as good from other directions.
Happy hunting, mpk

either two grunts with a tweet in between or just a one way grunt along with a high tone...also when the numbers jump, providing of course that I get at least SOME indication that a GOOD target is down there... It can also be when you get a high tone in a small window only near the center of the coil...I'm new at the Explorers (SE) so I'm still learning but like the others here have said, any time you walk away from a hit & wonder if you should have dug it...you probably should have...TT

Bob NH has a good concise description, an iffy signal can be a deep target which has a faint but questionable response,a target next to iron, or a coin on edge, "IF" in doubt "DIG IT".

On my first trip to Petersburg, Va, I was new to the Explorer AND to civil war relics, so I wasnt confident of signals unless it practically screamed "DIG ME!" when the coil passed over it...Well, there was this one spot where I kept getting a decent signal, but it wouldnt repeat every time, and it fluctuated in tone. All day long I kept testing it, and every time, I'd say "NAH" and walk away. FINALLY at the end of the day, as we were packing up to leave, I said "SCREW IT! I'm gonna dig that signal." and I finally did. It turned out to be an Eagle Cuff button laying on its edge. and I was sure glad I had dug it. Like the other guys said. If its one of those you think you SHOULD have dug...just dig it. And save yourself a lot of time and worry and just dig it the first time around...lol.