Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What Is A Rosco Ring???

My brother Awhitster decided that any ring that isn't marked, no matter how nice it is, no matter if it looks gold or silver or not, it's not a ring for bragging rights. It's just a junk ring. Somewhere in all of that the term "rosco ring" came to be. I may never be famous but at least I have a lot of rings named after me......:yikes:

The box of rings I have found shows what a rosco ring looks like. Some are very nice rings, gold or silver "looking" and some have stones (probably glass or fake something) but they have no mark in the band. No mark.........A ROSCO RING.....:cry::rofl:

Thanks Paul. I'm here. Just being a bit quiet for now........:wiggle:.

Rosco rings are known over the whole world now. This is the world wide web. No matter where you go. Rosco rings are known, even Australia. If you travel anywhere in the world and they hear your name, they will know you for your rings. You are a celebrity!! Good looking rings of untold value. A real collectors item. That is the best collection of Rosco rings I have ever seen. Where did you get such a fine collection? I know you wouldn't part with them at any price.

To be honest with you, there are some VERY NICE rosco rings in that box. Some could pass for "the real" thing...IF IT WEREN'T FOR MY BROTHER AWHITSTER........:starwars: He put the word out some time back and I don't have a chance now. But thanks John for the kind words.......ehehe....

So THAT'S what all those rings my stupid & cheap ex-husband gave me are called...

:rofl:

Or does the name apply only to rings we discover in our prospecting?

[quote Rosco Bookbinder]To be honest with you, there are some VERY NICE rosco rings in that box. Some could pass for "the real" thing...IF IT WEREN'T FOR MY BROTHER AWHITSTER........:starwars: He put the word out some time back and I don't have a chance now. But thanks John for the kind words.......ehehe....[/quote]Put a quarter in the machine at the grocery store and you can get some just like it. I've bought and sold a lot of jewelry. Junk is junk. I just call it like I see it.

Rosco rings ruined my relationship. My ex girl wanted a designer engagement ring so I got her a genuine Rosco. When the box appraised at more that the ring our relationship was over. At least the sex was good for a time. Come to think of it, I reckon that ring saved my life!

Chris

[quote cwilk]Rosco rings ruined my relationship. My ex girl wanted a designer engagement ring so I got her a genuine Rosco. When the box appraised at more that the ring our relationship was over. At least the sex was good for a time. Come to think of it, I reckon that ring saved my life!

Chris[/quote]:rofl: You ever want to try it again I have plenty of junkers...........errr I mean Rosco's I could sell at a fair price:rofl:

:rofl:

:rofl: Great attitude Chris!! I wish i would have gotten a Rosco ring for my first wife, that way i wouldn't have had to put up with her for as long as i did. :cheers: