Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What is a good headphone for the Sovereign XS? -- Thanks

If you are hard of hearing like me and need the volume the Timberwolfs work the best for me. If you hearing is not as bad and volume is not important than the Sun Ray Pros Golds, any of the Gray Ghost or Killer Bees seem to work out OK. I find that the headphones made for detecting are the best as they are made for us that wear them for hours at a time. Never had much like with those made for home stereo or the cheapie headphones.

I have long used and loved the Gray Ghost Black Widows. In my left ear (More Pronounced there) I have the classic Shooter's notch. It is so called because loud gunfire is one regular cause of it. It normally wipes out higher pitch sounds, and in my case, it is a real problem because my wife's speaking tones are dead center in it. I am now 63, and my 50Th birthday present was a pair of hearing aids that I hated and swore that I didn't need. I am past that denial stage now and look for new models of hearing aids on a regular basis.
The history on the hearing loss goes back to my teen-age years when I flew gas powered model airplanes (Rat Race and Combat) which were unmuffled. Then in my 50's I was bitten by the Civil War reenacting bug and allied myself with the 5Th Company of The Washington Artillery of New Orleans. Though we were required to wear ear plugs, and I always did, cannon fire cannot be said to help ones hearing ultimately. My black widows gave me my ability to hear when I hunt and I am eternally grateful to Mike Storm for them...
Rev. Chuck Smith
St. Francisville, Louisiana

The new Chef phones specialy developed for use with minelabs... life time guarantee, replaceable leads.. they are the bees knees...
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Chef-Phones NDT_W0QQitemZ150376256519QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Gadgets?hash=item23031f9407&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

I also have a hearing problem and switched to the Black Widows and they were much better, but I couldn't get the volume adjusted to suit me so I switched to the RAT Phones and I am very happy with them! And the cuffs are the most comfortable of any of the other phones. The Widows were probably as comfortable though. If I were you, I would get one or the other.

Try jolly rogers they perform very well.

iv tryes several diff brands,and like my Jolly Roger's the best