Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What I would really like in a new Explorer...

Robin (MI)

The machine that would really get me excited would be a lightweight, no-display, underwater version of the Explorer. All it would need, for me, is a pinpoint button, iron mask, volume and sensitivity adjustments. Interchangable coils would be nice too.

If the unit was lightweight it would replace my other explorers. What do you guys think?

HH - Robin

I figured many folks would think this is a good idea. Either I'm wrong or you won't respond. Oh well...

How many folks could do without the Visual ID? I mainly use mine to determine stinkin' Lincolns and some of the foil/nickel/bottlecap readings. Now that I think about it, I would probably miss the display but not that much. I go by the sound 90% of the time. Heck, I would probably find more stuff without the display since I would not spend so much time looking at a screen trying to figure what it is.

HH - Robin

Robin--
You're not alone. I had a friend of mine take matters into his own hands. Take a look at this link and checkout the mod. done to one of my Explorers.

http://detectorgear.com/dgforums/showthread.php?t=55]

Now I would like a lighter weight explorer, but with a Bigfoot/Clean Sweep coil option.

As much as I like the Explorer, I still use my White's XLT with the Bigfoot coil. Its an awesome combination for cleaning out a park or playground. However to be able to get the depth of an Explorer plus the pinpointing and area coverage of either the Clean Sweep or Bigfoot would be a combination that would be unbeatable. Just my 2 cents worth.

x

[quote Robin (MI)]That is so cool! What is the weight reduction on your modified unit?
Thanks and HH - Robin[/quote]

I'm not sure Robin-
Charles would know if you shoot em an e-mail at his website. With everything reconfigured like that, it's like, well swinging a whole different machine. I can swing it all day and in the rain to boot.

Joel

add to that a way of telling the size of your target. and also the ability to see discrim and fer/cond numbers at the same time. How come they don't make the explorer waterproof, it wouldn't be that expensive to do, wouldn't you all pay another 150-200 bucks for an explorer you could wade with? I know I would have.