Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

what i found

connkuku

i found i think a monkey wrench?? can any one tell me how old or rare this thing is, it was 1 to 2ft deep. i chipped away a ton of crap off of it (a TON of crap.) please help me..

It was designed by Charles Moncky..... thus the Moncky wrench. Somewhere around 1840 id guess. They were later redesigned and the term Monkey wrench was used and sold in the US.

Dew

[size=large]did you find the monkey?

HH[/size]

My google-fu failed me for trying to ID the era but, according to one bit I saw from a tool museum, there were a ton of different companies making them so it may be hard to ID. If you can clean it up further to be able to read marks, if any, on it, you may be able to get more info.

BTW, the "Moncky" bit seems to be an urban legend from around the turn of the previous century and is still around.

[size=large]don't know about it being an urban legend. seems i had a mechanic that tried fixing everything with the monkey wrench. he was furry and was always dragging his knuckels and had big ears and always had that darn wrench in his hand.

HH[/size]

Run it thru electrolysis, 6 volt battery charger, a steel rod for the electrode (don't use stainless steel, not recommended any more), table spoon of baking soda or arm & hammer washing soda per gal, wire brush when done to get the rest of the rust off. Dry under a heat lamp and put Bri Wax on it. It would clean up nice. You could probably get a few dollars for it on ebay.

Rick N. MI