Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

WHAT HAVE I FOUND ??????

alsway

[attachment 42813 SEC.LT.GG706Whatkindoftag.jpg]FOUND THIS TAG ON THE MA. SEA COAST,HIGH WATER MARK,TAG IS LITTLE BIGGER THEN A QUARTER,HAS GRAY COLOR,COULD BE SLIVER OR PREWTER.TAG WAS FOUND NEAR A SINKING OF A PIRATES SHIP,OVER 200 YEARS AGO,ANY CLUE THANKS' AL. ALSWAY

HI Beach hunter all it say is SEG.LI.G G706 nothing on back . Found at willfleet Ma cape cod. thanks for looking. AL

KD4HEE I KIND OF THOUGH SO TO. MAYBE SOME MILITARY,FROM ANOTHER COUNTRY. THANKS' AL. NOTHING ON BACK,FRONT---------SEC. LT. G G706

Slaves wore tags indicating their profession.
Don't know what SEC.LEE could mean.

BTW, slave tags are worth ALOT, maybe $10,000 for a good one.

To CC2 inCA It very well was on board a ship,going back to 1700.The hole is worn ;like some thing went through it.At the time i also found other item all in the 1700.Who knows about slave tags look like????? AL.

I can post this on another site for you and see if someone over there has some ideas. There is one person who seems to have an uncanny ability to dig up information on all sorts of "what is it" treasure hunting finds.

Let me know if you don't mind and I'll give it a try

I'll let you know if I find anything out - I'm sure they will want a few more pictures if you can since it isn't super clear what the numbers/letters are on the tag.

I noticed you said you thought it was:

SEC. LT. G G706

From the picture I can definitely make out: SEC., but the next set almost looks to me like: LBG or even LBC. Finally, the last line is clear on the 706 part, but I'm not positive about the G in the beginning of that one either.

I'll post the picture and description as is though, and if you have a chance to maybe take some pictures from different angles and different lighting to clarify the letters/numbers that will probably help.

I'm assuming also that there is nothing on the back?

cubfan64 I have a better picture of tag,but can't send as it over 120 .I could scan you ,i belive a better picture,but need to know where to post it. AL.

do you have photoshop or another photo program where you could reduce the image or something to make it take up less memory?

The only response I've gotten so far is this:

"It's a tag for a Liquid Propane Gas pipeline. My guess is that "SEC." is an abreviation for "Secondary". "LPG" is the abreviation for Liquid Propane Gas. The tag identifies either a secondary LPG gas pipeline or secondary shutoff valve for LPG."

I can't tell from the original picture if that could indeed be LPG rather than the LT.G that you originally thought. Sounds like a legitimate guess at least.

Been trying two days now,to get all 5 photo,that show good details, but STILL don't know how to get them under120 k b for posting.Will keep trying until do. About tag,was they ever any pipe gas lines around 1700 to the 1800.I am 99 % sure the tag is from that time.Only trying to make I.D. easier.Thank you all out there for the help.We aren't done yet. AL.

BOB@SEBASTIAN Just ck out that snite you said,it has some what looks,pretty close. By the way BOB. what kind of tag is it,and is that 1811 i see on it? Thank you AL.

Alsway
Yes it is pretty close. That is the correct year. Quite an interesting site, the history and all. Let me, and the board, know if you get a positive ID.

hh Bob