Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

what garrett to buy

Why not a Hummer? Maybe price, too big, It is not what you need in a car. Same with detectors. What are you going to use it for. A good beach detector is different from a coin detector. You do research in buying a car, do the same for a detector. Start reading the posts and you will learn the strengths and weaknesses of the the detectors. You might want a red sporty model.

What and where are you going to search for? Different machines work better in certain environments, as do coils.

okay lets put it this way......im new i have a bh lone star,had it for two weeks i have found countless piles of trash around ten dollars in change and a couple of rings.but i keep hearing buy a better detector you will find more,quite honestly im over whelmed.im trying to do more relic hunting than money hunting,i seem to have a problem asking people ..hey can i dig your yard up..lol so how do you approach someone for that.

I would keep using what you have now because two weeks is not enough time to really get good at using your detector. Searching for coins is still the best treasure you can hunt for because there are so many out there. In the process of looking for them you will find other really nice items. Getting places to go detecting is easier than you think.. First of all don't ask can i dig up your yard. Try asking could i come to your property and search for coins relics ect. You can get coins out of the ground with a screwdriver and not have to dig any holes. When you find nice items take them with you to work and start showing them to your friends and you will be surprised how many invitations you will get to hunt their land.

David

cool thanks,im 36 race radio control cars,have 5 kids and this is much more relaxing than racing,people get so upset when they lose to a guy who just shows up and beats them on their own track,they call you a cheater with metal detecting you its just u and the bugs and birds

They all find junk! You have to learn what your detector is telling you. What I hear is PRACTICE---- PRACTICE----- PRACTICE!!!! Good Luck.

If you have never detected before the 250 is the one to get as it is easy to learn and use and it will reward you well. Most of the others have a bit of a learning curve and I would not recommend you start out with one.

Bill

You have a decent detector. Learn it well and your finds will improve. One should spend at least 100 hours with a new machine before they give up on it. There is no "better" detector only the one that is best for you, not one that is best for someone else.. Don't fall into that trap or you'll be swapping detectors constantly and being constantly frustrated. Learn how to use what you have then move up should you choose. Good luck.

Bill