Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What EXACTLY is HIGHLY MINERALIZED ground?

Loss of depth or not much depth in your finds can be from mineralization. Some machines when you ground balance them they give you a ground phase reading which is an indication of your ground conditions.

Hi Guys:
Im going to toss you an answer because I am in the mood to confuse myself this morning. It may not be technical enough for some but they can throw in their 2 cents worth and educate us all.
Mineralized ground: Well to the best of my knowledge and from drilling experience in my past the whole big rock were all on is mostly minerals! This makes the whole Rock nearly one big ball of minerals which is pretty well higly mineralized, techinecally speaking. However we are speaking in the terms of metal detecting and calling an area highly mineralized I think should be restated as highly conductive mineralized soil. To metal detectors your talking minerals that pick up and transmit back the signals like metals do because of their mineral make up. Here in Colorado we can pick up lots of rocks called hot rocks and the detectors will sound off like your on top of a railroad track. It is caused form the metalic mineral makeup in the rock. There are several minerals that will cause hot soil so to speak. Here we have iron, iron pyrite, common term, silver, copper and several others. So when you find an area that mother nature left a consentrate of one of these then you get signals reading off the soil itself from its makeup. Like the salt in the beach if you dont turn on the salt elm or hunt in jewl. mode you can get a whaky bunch of signals.
Around here you find the mountains not so hot but the river valleys that washed and collected the stuff for eons to be full of hot spots. Usually can turn down the syns. and hunt ok but I guess in such radical areas you will loose depth, commonly controlled with either a double d coil or a different type detector that I know nothing about, dont even know the name of them but they make ones for nothing but highly mineralized soil.
Hope your not as confused as I am this sunny thursday morning and hope this shed a little light on the term highly mineralized.
Good Luck
Grumpy

My only indication has been unusual falsing which I correct by reducing Sens slightly. I guess that agrees with what you said.

It would be neat if I could take a little "test kit" with me and check it out before I begin. Thanks.

Soil that contains conductive or nonconductive elements and trace metal. MIneralization is like the grain in hardwood and runs through the soil in like manner - thick in some places, thin in others, or non-existent in many places. Most minerals are crystalline substances not of animal or vegetable origin. Coal is a mineral.

Bill

Yeah if you get falseing and chattering with the sensitivity cranked up then you have mineralization. In neutral grond you can crank it to the max and nothing happens.

Bill

Another common example of a "form" of mineralization...

sometimes you/we dig at the beach or sandy area and find nothing in the hole but we notice what looks like small areas of very brown sand or abnormally dark dirt. These are probably "pockets of rust" from some small piece of iron that, over time, has disintegrated and essentially left a trace of mineralization in the soil which triggered the detector.