Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What exactly does the silent search jumper mod on the Sov XS accomplish -- THANKS

Some people do not like to listen to the constant drone of the Threshold or they are used to hunting with Silent Search detectors. The jumper gives those people the option of hunting in Silent Search Mode with their Sovs. No performance benefit.

HH

Beachcomber

Supposedly, the only benefit besides silent search[if that is a benefit] is that you can swing a little faster.
QUOTE:
Comments
That's about all there is too it. With the switch set for silent search,
you should be able to sweep a little faster than normal, but still not as
fast as say a Whites machine, if you've ever used one of those. They are about the fastest sweep unit there is and it's required to get any depth from them. Good luck and if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. Good hunting.
Otto Feiler UNQUOTE
From soveriegn mod forum. Have not tried yet.sam in ms

What it does is sets the threshold in disc a little less than all metal pinpoint, now if you just turn the threshold down in disc so it is quiet then when you switch to all metal pinpoint it will also be no threshold. Like I say with the jumper wire you set it for a slight threshold in all metal pinpoint and when you switch over to disc there will be no threshold.
I am a firm believer in silent search you will lose those deeper signal that only change the threshold a little as you will not hear them with no threshold. Also I use the threshold so i know if i am going too fast for the area I am hunting as I can hear the nulls and anything good close to them as if you were going too fast you will not hear the good targets close to trash.

Rick

I'm with Rick, quite often the only indication of something deep is the slight change in the threshold tone, if its silent you pass over not knowing anything is there