Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What does a hotrock

Lori

look like? I think I have them. Although last year, I don't remember finding any. They ring in the top right corner like a silver. My vibraprobe doesn't vibrate when I touch it but the sunray probe detects it. They look like orange rocks with black lines all over. Is that a hot rock?

When I switched to digital it came up 00 31. But they are everywhere. How do I detect around these things so I don't pick them up?

Thanks!

Yes that is likely hemitite... magnatite is the other and is normally the black. 00 31 is a HOT ROCK reading. Reduce your sensitivity and you should be ok. Myself, since i know their sound and where they hit i just hunt around them and ignore them and make no adjustments. Some people think... meteor, but they fall at 31 31. You should notice the difference from them and quarters... half of the indicator disappears in the upper right cornor.

Dew

go into the edit screen, select the smallest box, and block the very top right corner with a tiny square. :surrender: Be careful that you don't make it too large or you will block some silver half signals. :nono:
Later on when I opened up that blacked out area and just listened to them I got used to the sound. Now I hear them all the time and stop once in awhile to listen to them carefully to make sure it's not a silver half.
Did you download the emulator? If not make sure you do because you can sit at your computer and practice. Myself I would like to see them add hot rocks to the software.
Lastly we all want to be great hunters like Bryce, Moutray, Charles and many others but it takes time. You will notice, as time goes by, that the more you use the machine the smarter you become with it and the deeper your finds will be. Keep your chin up, stay the course and you'll get there. :thumbup:

They are identical to deeper coin ID's. No way of telling the difference. Now, if they are on top of the ground you can tell it's something small but down an inch or two and it's just exactly like deep silver, pennies etc. Thankfully they are just in certain areas of certain parks and I'm cleaning them up the best I can.

hi here is wear a hotrock in the UK shows on the smart screen and here is a short video clip i done the other day when i found a hot rock about 2" inches under the ground.

hotrock.jpg

WEAR A HOTROCK SHOWS ON THE EXPLORER SMART SCREEN

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aip--occdo4

Yep that is where it was on my screen too. But mine sounded a lot higher pitched. Probably my settings :) Thank you for sharing this with me.

The people on this website are wonderful!

sorry guys i removed the video due to messing around with it but here it is again slightly different though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqQB_ZqQWB8

hotrocks appear in the upper right of the screen as you've mentioned. They ring out as almost too good of a silver signal. I can usually tell if they are rocks before digging because they don't want to behave when pinpointing. The pinpointing signal never seems to be in the same place, not unlike a rusted square nail. The rocks I've unearthed tend to look pretty much like any other rock on the ground. They have come in all shapes and sizes and have no real distinguishing marks. I suspect these characteristics can vary from location to location.

Crispytoo