Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What do,

Steve O

now use your imagination,,....What do you think man would be like with no sin in the world? Would he be able to use his brain to it's maximum potential, not having the need for medicine, computers etc. Would we be at our zenith from the beginning or would we always be learning? No greed, no hate....hard to imagine.

One of many questions this brings to the surface is "why wasn't Satan destroyed as soon as God knew he (Satan) was going to botch up His plan? I have heard many reasons 'why' but none made sense to me.
The Bible states that Gods will, will be done, eventually...why the wait? If Satan is to be destroyed, why not sooner or before the talk with Eve, rather than later? Do we really have to learn the hard way?

My brain doesn't allow me to run completely on faith. I do have faith in God because there is none above him, there's no smarter choice. And I do try to live life on the good side, I feel much better that way.

I just wonder if we have the stories right, seems like somethings off or is missing...I don't know....

To be honest with you, many of us has secretly asked that question including myself. Being that God determined to ship Satan & 1/3 of the angels somewhere...why earth? But that's why He's God we're who we are. His wisdom & understanding is so far beyond what we can comprehend. It was necessary, from God's point of view to allow the whole plan to work itself out so that God Himself would be shown righteous & all loving. Someday we will be enlightened to the 'Why's'of God's judgement and it will make perfect sense. Finish what You need to do and come quickly Lord. We're longing to go home.

Something is definitely missing. The teaching that Satan was an angel came primarily from the book Paradise lost, Paradise Found. Adam and Eve were given a clear choice and they chose not to obey God. What was it they did? It sure wasn't eating fruit off of a tree as we know a fruit tree today. Think about what happened immediately after they partook of what God told them not to.... ask yourself
why was "that" what happened after they sinned..............why not something else. It all fits together. However, we've been taught about Satan and the original sin all our lives and we can't wrap our minds around anything else except what we've been taught.

DDL, my thoughts on the fruit tree, I think IS as simple as it sounds......God gave them instructions on how to live, survive and gave them tasks like naming the animals. He also told them not to eat from this particular tree. The fruit of that tree looked delicious, but other than that it was just a beautiful fruit tree.

They listened to God and always obeyed Him, until, Eve heard a voice coming from a normal snake (Lucifer could through his voice) telling her 'you positively will not die, and, you will have knowledge like God'...the first lie and deceit to man. Eve thought 'maybe this snake is right and God is wrong, what harm can eating a fruit do?' Oops!

She went up to the tree and pulled off a piece of fruit and ate it, then taking some to Adam (women, can be trouble) and he knew it was that tree's fruit and ate it, disobeying God also. Right then and there they felt something they never felt before...guilty, they did a wrong, they just learned something they never knew...therefore, now they new the difference from good and bad....they had some knowledge that God had.

They hid from God like your dog does when you come home and he chewed your slippers. Now, that knowledge cannot leave them, and they and their offspring will know and have a choice of choosing good or bad, right from wrong...the stage is set and it's all downhill from there.

God did give them free will from the beginning just by telling them not to eat from that tree, a choice. I think His point He was trying to come across to them was 'listen to me and trust in me and your life will be fulfilled, if you choose not to listen, I'm not responsible and you will have a very rough short life.

I guess God wanted them to know right from wrong without 'doing' wrong, and wanted them to always choose for the course of everlasting life in a paradise. He knew it could go the wrong way, as it did.

Now to plan 'B'...... There will be, in the future someone who will show you how it can be done, and this person will be a sacrifice for all your sins....namely, Jesus.

I do not concern myself about what we do not know. God has revealed certain things in His Word and they are the facts He wants us to know.

"The secret things belong unto the LORD our God: but those things which are revealed belong unto us and to our children for ever, that we may do all the words of this law." (Deut 29:29 if you want to look it up)

Our life is a life of faith, not knowledge. Implicit trust in the Word of God is our aim. It is not up to us to "judge" the Word of God, we are to trust it and obey it.

I came to the Lord sometime in the 1940's, and have drifted this way and that throughout my life as most (sadly) seem to do. I have found that when I trusted the Lord He was always there and when I strayed from the Lord He would always welcome me back. I have found that His word is trustworthy and His promises faithful.

Looking back over the years I see the Lord's strong hand in my life even in the barren times. That is one blessing of age.

I would suggest that we should accept what is revealed as being absolute truth from our God who cannot lie, and to not concern ourselves about those things that are yet secrets from us. That is the way of trust, faith and peace.