Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What do you do with your clad?

daxdog

I have a question for you, what do you do with your clad?

Do you...
spend it as fast as you find it?
save it for new MD equipment?
save it for retirement?
use it to buy spouse/significant other gifts?
donate it to charity?

I am debating on what I am going to do. I've had a coin jar for years that I put all money that I found in. This started long before I got a metal detector. I always thought that finding a penny was good luck so I would save a bunch of found coins and eventually invest them in the "redneck retirement fund", For those of you who ain't from around here, the Redneck Retirement Fund (RRF) is better known in other parts of the country as the lottery. I never play the lottery because I am too cheap to spend earned money on it. By using found money, I would feel much less guilty.

I'll probably keep squirreling it away for a GTI 2500 or some other toy.

I think youve answered your own question:

I'll probably keep squirreling it away for a GTI 2500 or some other toy.

Thats as good a plan as any.

I been detecting a long time (almost 20 years) and here's how I work it.

"Do you...

spend it as fast as you find it?
No. I save it up in a box, tumble it and roll it. See the next item ~
save it for new MD equipment? Not me. I invest in genuine RRF's - guns and ammunition.
save it for retirement? See above. However, what if you start depositing your found coins in an IRS or other high yield, progressive investment vehicle? By the time youre too old to bend over anymore and dig, you may have some comfort in the dividends.
use it to buy spouse/significant other gifts? She gets loaded down with the jewelry found from dirt grubbin and water hunting, as it is No need to get silly and start buying her that sort of stuff...
donate it to charity? Now there's an idea.

I bank it for now. I like the idea of my finds earning interest. I want to try to reach $5000.00 in my MD account but I am a few (many) years away from that unless I find a really nice ring. I sell my rings and jewelry too. The only items I find that I get attached to are older US coins. I keep them in a small "treasure chest" (special ones in an album.) I also collect buttons, zips, ammo, sinkers, toys, cars and a few other bibs and bobs.

You need to add one category to you topic. Coin metamorphasis is what John calls it. He just posted his definition an hour or so again.

Chris

The man must not have a wife!

I buy gold and silver coins. I am now saving for a 1350. I've given the wife a couple rings, the rest are in my bragging box.

I've only found 2 rings, both kids' toy rings. I tried to give the first to my wife, but she wasn't interested. Oh well. She'll probably want the first "real" ring I find.

I spend it as fast as I find it. But when I buy something, I keep track of the cost and deduct it from my coins found.

This is what I did with the last 18 months of finds.
I Think that I will continue to save up for my other interests now. I'm interested in taking up paragliding and flying model planes, with an emphasis on park flyers. (kind of ironic.) That is unless, something really sweet comes onto the detecting scene like an upgraded Ace with an audio sound like the GTI's!
Mick Evans.
[attachment 85392 IMGP0347.JPG][attachment 85393 IMGP0345.JPG]

Hey Mick, I looked at you pictures and I got a premonition that there was a coin in that grass. You better check it out.:pulltab::rofl:[attachment 85418 MickinDubbo.jpg]

The silver coins and the oldies I save along with the jewelry.
The clad gets saved up and one thing I do is take the Mrs. out for a great dinner. (Red Lobster).
I also carry over to the next year. Not in a rush to spend it all..

Happy Hunting

Nice pile of what looks like fairly clean coins.
My guess $1182.63
If you are thinking R\C Model Planes. Then think heaps of time and a good steady supply of $$$$$$$$$$
I did 15years of Mono wing_ bi-plane's_ Helicopters_ Boats with in-board and out-board motors_ Puddle skimmer's ( swamp boat with wheels) before metal detecting and family commitments.
I retired with metal detecting.
But life being what it is, try everything while you can.

[quote Mick in Dubbo]I did!, but all I came up with was car spare parts! The ground is riddled with them.
Mick Evans.[/quote]You must live on top of an old junk yard:rofl: Hey, you find enough parts you can build a treasure-mobile:detecting:

[quote awhitster][quote Mick in Dubbo]I did!, but all I came up with was car spare parts! The ground is riddled with them.
Mick Evans.[/quote]You must live on top of an old junk yard:rofl: Hey, you find enough parts you can build a treasure-mobile:detecting:[/quote]

Yea, but it must be modeled after the "Mystery Machine" or something out of "Mad Max"!!!!:rofl:

That's an excellent Guess Ivan. Pretty much on the money! I know I had $1500 in finds lying about the house and thought that I'd put in all in the picture. But that was incorrect. I banked well over $1100 but still had coins that were too dirty to bank. My best guess, is that there was around $1200 in the photo.
Mick Evans.

I'm doing my part to avoid a recession. Therefore, I spend it as fast as I can! :thumbup: