Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

what do deep coins sound like on the gt?

rufus3898

just wondering what I should be listening for on deep coins. Does the high tone stay high or does it lower the tone with deep coins? Thanks

...if they are at the limits of detection (depth), coins and good targets can null.

If there is any hint of a good tone, amongst a possible null, then investigate.

Tony.

hi tony. I am using a S-8 intruder coil would you know approx how deep a coil like that would go on coins so I'll know when to quit digging since at a certain depth it'll probably be junk. Thanks

The real deep ones I find will be a change in the threshold and in most cases repeatable, but they will be small signals so if you are not going real slow and listening to the threshold you will miss them. These you try to go over only that small area where the signal is and go back and forth trying to get the signal tone and meter readings to climb. These may not lock on, but sure are trying to climb when doing the Sovereign wiggle over them. Make sure it is repeatable and even come from some different angles to see if you can make it read better. Just remember you have to go real slow, listen close and do the Wiggle over just the target trying to get as high of reading as you can. I find if it will lock on to a certain number it is the ID of that target, but if the tone and meter is trying to climb but cant make it are the ones I love to dig.

On the S-8 coil once you know your Sovereign well it can get over 10 inches deep or deeper. I had a local guy get a nice standing lib quarter at 14-15 inches deep that was just a threshold change and repeatable.

Very hard to say as I'm not familiar with your local conditions......Rick's advice above should help guide you.

Tony.

Yes this is how the Sov Works -like no other detector encountered-yes to get max depth run in threshold mode-but for even old timers and more so newbies myself i think it might be easier to start out with the Sov in silent search.The Sov's threshold hunt mode seems hard to deal with to me.

I gave the sov a go tonight and dug a '52 cent at least 6-7" it came through nice and clear. it was faint but clear. I am impressed! I had the disc up high to tune out pulltabs and the signal was still good! Is there any affect of too much disc on depth with this machine?