Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What difference does it really make?

Dutch Henry

From all the searching I have done, it appears that everyone sells the 70 for the same price. Should I just order mine from the closest dealer, or is one better that another? I have bought from Kellyco before and I don't want to again.

couldn't be more pleased. I have also purchased Minelab from David at Dixie Metal Detectors with surely the same satisfaction. We are lucky to have so many super sponsors/dealers on this site. You just need to look at the packages offered to decide which one's best for you. All dealers sell at the same price since there is a Minelab Minimum Price. Hope that helps...HH

1. If there is a local club you might ask opinions from the members about the local dealers.
2. I'd ask the local dealers if they not only carry the brand, but how much field experience they have with the model you are interested in.
3. Return and trade-in policies are always good to ask about.

The Internet has created a problem for the detector industry which leads to dealer contracts with a MAP(Minimum Advertised Price) provision. So the price on the web page is probably controlled by the MAP agreement, but a phone call is needed to get the "Street Price". That said however, buying from huge on-line catalog retailers like Cabelas etc does have it's pitfalls. Imagine for a moment a newbie that unwittingly bought the first release of the T2 from Cabelas.:wacko: That person ended up alone in the desert without a map.:lol:

If there are some forum sponsors in your area then I would PM some people located in their area to get the lowdown.

HH
BarnacleBill

I have spoken with David Keith and he is really knowledgeable about this sport. I am sure the other forum sponsors are also and will be able to help you out also. I would call them and speak with them and see what they have to offer. I have one dealer within and hours drive from my home but havent gotten any real support for the machines I bought from them, so I will just use someone I find on the internet that knows and uses the machines they sell. Nobody told me about the Street Price tho

I also just bought a new X-Terra 70 from Chuck at Indian Nation Detectors and he was great to deal with. He kept in touch with me to be sure everything arrived on time and was in good condition. I was surprised to get it as soon as I did. I won't hesitate to do business with him again.

Blink

Some just give that little extra that makes them stand out.Richard at Backwoods detectors is one of those stand out dealers.
JW at Kellyco has always been a very fair person on deals.........and should you need them both are there after the sale too...

Wow, one of the nicest, neatest, and most well-packed packages I've ever had...the 70 works GREAT too...the numbers lock very nicely on this one with minimal ID number bouncing...smoking airtests...we'll see what she can do soon :)