Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What detector should I buy?

EZdiggins

I have a Bounty Hunter Sharpshooter II that has been doing a good job for me, but occasionally it stops working or gives false tones and signals so I know I'm missing a lot of stuff. I'm only interested in coins right now and I would like a detector that detects up to 12". Any recommendations?

12"?
There are none that do it consistantly and with good signals or ID on coin size targets. Ground conditions play a big part. I don't think even a Minelab user will claim it. You may have to wait like the rest of us until one of the new PI units to become available.

No detector will get 12" on coin sized objects (unless you would be hunting in non-mineralized sand) consistantly but what you need is to get a mid to top of the line detector that has ground balance control so that you can tweek it to get the most depth possible at any one detecting situation. Forget preset GB lower priced detectors if you want maximum depth.

The prototype Nemesis Pulse Devil got 20" on an English silver hammered coin the size of 1". Discriminates to depth. It is one of the new PIs coming out.
Ron

20" on a 1" coin thats impressive to say the least and discrimination,i'm pretty sure i'll have a use for this machine!