Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What depth are you finding gold rings at?

bugg

I hear this machine is hot on gold. What depths are you getting, in the dirt, and in fresh water beach sand? What size rings?
I may have to break my cookie jar for one of these units in a month or two! Thanks!

Deus loves gold jewelry. Too many variables in soils to give a concrete answer, but 12 or 17 kHz nails rings pretty deep. I hit a size 7 10k 1.2 G ring at over 8" this past summer with a clear loud signal. That's my soil though, yours will vary.

I found 3 pieces of 24 KT gold jewelry with my Deus plus a 14 KT ring all very shallow between 1/2 inch and 3 inches. I have found with my Deus as well as with other detectors that most of my finds have been made in less than 6 inches. I have come to the conclusion that sensitivity to gold is more important than depth. The deepest ring I have ever found was a small silver ring with stones at about 8-9 " with a small coil.Just my experience, but I have averaged about 56 rings a year for the last 3 years that I have been hunting exclusively for jewelry. I hunt now exclusively in 17.6 KHZ. I am trying to experiment with 12 KHZ but haven't memorized the numbers for that yet. Hopefully the version 3 will stabilize all the numbers across the different frequencies so that won't be necessary. Andy Sabisch is coming out with a new book on the XP Deus which will be a must buy for Dues users. Hope this helps.

All my gold rings except one were under 4 inches. The deep one was found at around 7 inches, and it was from an old 1900 ball field.
Most of my beavertail ring tabs were found deeper than 7 inches....go figure!