Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What could that have been ?

Danno

Guys,

Tried my 705 out for the first time today. Well, it was really just a first assembly and quick try out.

I noise cancelled and ground balanced it mucking around in a friends backyard.

I got some signals, then a really iffy sounding signal in the Coin/Treasure mode, that went absolutely nuts in prospecting mode (especially pinpoint).

Had a quick dig but found nothing as I was in a bit of a hurry and only had a screwdriver handy.

Does that usually indicate coins or gold jewllery or could that be any old junk? It was quite deep from the readout (4 down arrows).

I was just using the standard, supplied coil.

Won't be able to get back to look for a few days so I'm curious as to what might be there!!! :)

Danno

Danno,

Could be buried pirates treasure chest :shrug: :)
4 = 8"
What was the number readout ?
Coin size signal or bigger ?...try checking this by pinpointing it from differing sides / angles

sometimes we pick up deep water pipes, electric cables...Here in Australia most of these are supposed to be 10-12" down but short cuts do get made by some.
I check for pipes by moving outwards a little and going around in a full circle.
If the same no. and depth comes up again it is sometimes a large object / pipe.
You can continue this and get a handle on what direction line goes.
But,....I hope it's something good for u.

T59

Thanks T59,

It appeared to be a largish object as it was picking it up over an area about 6"

Readout in coin mode was a 4 I think.

When in Prospecting mode, it got really loud as I pinpointed it, coming to a really high pitch cresendo in one particular spot.

Exciting this detecting hobby eh ?

Can't wait to go back and have a dig when my friend gets back.

Think I have a lot to learn with what its telling me.

Cheers,

Danno :)

Every time I have dug readout of 4 it's been alum. foil. I have heard of people getting jewelry @ readout 4.