Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What constitutes "working order" 🤔

GazinUK

Finally had the Sovereign delivered, bought unseen (only photos) but after a few messages the deal was done.
I've already posted about the cable sheathing, but it needs a good service as the threshold control either works or doesn't, its either full on volume or silent. The actual volume control is the same, it came with 2 sets of headphones one of which has a volume control so I thought I would be OK.
Wrong, 1 set doesn't work, and the other set? The rotary control only changes the tone not the volume, never seen that before.
After I'd finished re-wrapping the cable, I did mange to eventually sort the controls to something close to usable and took it out for a spin. Found a few bits and to be honest quite enjoyed it. The one saving grace is it came with 3 original minelab rechargeable battery packs, 2 of which look unused, have ordered an Anderson straight shaft, bidding on another coil, and am sending box off for strip down/service. Fingers crossed...

Finally had the Sovereign delivered, bought unseen (only photos) but after a few messages the deal was done.
I've already posted about the cable sheathing, but it needs a good service as the threshold control either works or doesn't, its either full on volume or silent. The actual volume control is the same, it came with 2 sets of headphones one of which has a volume control so I thought I would be OK.
Wrong, 1 set doesn't work, and the other set? The rotary control only changes the tone not the volume, never seen that before.
After I'd finished re-wrapping the cable, I did mange to eventually sort the controls to something close to usable and took it out for a spin. Found a few bits and to be honest quite enjoyed it. The one saving grace is it came with 3 original minelab rechargeable battery packs, 2 of which look unused, have ordered an Anderson straight shaft, bidding on another coil, and am sending box off for strip down/service. Fingers crossed...
Some people consider (Working Order) to mean yep it turns on me personally Working order means everything works as it should only you can decide what you feel is working order

Did the seller indicate everything works as intended or were you informed of these issues beforehand?

Did the seller indicate everything works as intended or were you informed of these issues beforehand?
Was bought from a "marketplace" on social media, cable was obvious from the photos, the rest not so. As stated, working order seems to mean different things to different people, I guess its just how far you are prepared to stretch the claim. Like I said, I did take it out and try it, and I did find stuff, which leads me to a newly posted question.