Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What comes around, goes around......

Lil Brother

I never ever brag on my sweet little wife enough and well.... she is gone to work today and I am by myself so here goes.

Carol moved to Arkansas almost 5 years ago to marry the man of her dreams,(yea, right). She moved here not knowing anyone but my family and didn't know where she might go to work at. She ended up at St Josephs Health Center in Hot Springs. She landed a job in the business office filing insurance etc...

She started out doing all the jobs that no one else wanted to do. They put her in a little office in the back that was hot in the summer and cold in the winter. Her supervisor was a lady that had been there almost 20 years named Vickie. Vickie was a very nice lady who only had good things to say about Carol.

Cecilia was another supervisor that had worked in the business office with nearly 20 years tenure. She was a woman who was married, but was a little on the wild side. She always wore short skirts and lowcut blouses and was rumored to have been having affairs with several different people. She drove a new corvette with a license plate that read, "Party Naked". I hope you all are getting my drift.

I can deal with people like that, but on top of that she was a real B@#ch! She constantly made Carol's job hard on her and seldom got along with the other women. Cecilia and Vickie were always at each others throats, battling each other on a daily basis.

After the first year or two, Carol was transfered to the admissions dept and got in on a new venture that the hospital was trying. It was all about cutting the patient's time down when they arrived at the hospital. Carol was made the pre-registration supervisor. She never does anything half way and this was no exception. She is totally commited.

As time went on, Carol was also made supervisor over Outpatient and the Emergency Room. She has a very full plate, leaving for work around 5:00am and usually getting home arouind 5:30-6:30pm every day. She usually works at least 3 Saturdays a month at least for 4 or 5 hours a day.

Last year, St Josephs took the employees that shined the most and put them in a new program call Genesis. This program tackles problems from ALL the hospitals affiliated with St Joes. There are several hospitals in Arkansas and several more in Missouri. Every couple of months, St Joes will fly employees to St Louis for a week or two to work. Carol was chosen for this program too. (It works our great since she is from St Louis.)

The hospital business is an ever changing business, and one never knows when their job is on the line. A month or so ago, St Joes told their employees that they would be downsizing and that over 130 employees would be "let go" or else put in the talent pool. It just so happened that Vickie AND Cecilia were notified that they had a choice--either be layed off or go to the talent pool. When Carol heard of this, she started talking with some of the higher ups and secured both of these ladies a job in her department.

Vickie and Cecilia are both doing well working for Carol and do appreciate just having a job. Cecilia seems to have changed and now looks much more professional. Both have got to realize that their pension has been salvaged. Both have thanked Carol and are very grateful.

I know that I am fortunate to have a wife like this. I am not lucky, for there is no such thing in my book. I am blessed and I am proud to say that I am married to such a caring, thoughtful, wonderful person like her. I love you, honey!

Thanks for letting me go on and on.

God Bless,

Lil Brother:)

am proud of you for not being embarressed to write something like this for all to see on the forum. You are lucky to have Carol, and she is lucky to have you!! Just as you said, she never does anything half way, and her hard work paid off! I hope those two women really do realize who they have to thank for their jobs! Carol must have seen some potential in them still, or she would have let them walk! ILY, :)

Well, You know what I am thinking. I know that I was lucky. Alice still loves me [and only the good lord knows why]... But I feel like the luckiest man around at times.

Exceptionally beautiful tribute. Give your wife a hug from me. Thank you so much for the good feelings

Sunny skies, clear water, calm seas

M

embarressed to say what is on my mind and heart even though sometimes I live to regret it,(when I'm wrong), but in this case---I know I'm right. She is wonderful and I am thankful that I have her. LY2

Lil Brother:)

She's all that you said she is...she just talks a little funny--but we love her so much.

Now, I gotta concentrate on tryin' to "catch" me another deer and turkey. :D <><

Yo Bro,

Johnboy

n/t