Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What Coil Would You Recommend For The Tejon AND Why?

The Tejon was designed to get the best all round depth on a number of different sites with the 9x8 so that coil will be the best coil to use on an everyday field, to work in the trash you might then find that a smaller coil like the 5.75 will work better than the 9x8 to find the coins that lay close to trash.

15 inch relic coil made for the Tejon? Maybe they wouldn't be any better than the stock?

I was just thinking of extra depth and ground coverage.

I am like you Les, the 9x8 is a great coil and it will do as well as any other. The new 575 coil is in a class by itself. I have one on my Tejon and it is a joy to use. Ok CU later Les and God Bless!

John Tomlinson,CET:tesoro:
John's Detectors

the 9x8 is all you need, the 10x12 covers more ground gives you the same depth as the 9x8 and makes the Tejon feel unbalanced.
You might even find that you have to turn the sensitivity down on the Tejon when you use it out in the field because of all the chirpy signals that you will be getting.
In the UK the guys that use the 10X12 turn the sensitivity down to 2 or 4 and say that they do OK with it but on that setting but i would have to ask myself is the 10x12 then giving me the same depth as the 9x8.

I use the same coil (10 x 12) on my Vaquero and agree on all points. It covers more ground, but I've not found any thing any deeper than I have using the stock coil.

I've got the 12x10 and in chirpy ground adjust the ground balance while swinging it to make the chirps go away but first I set the sensitivity
back to where it does not pulse. It is a bit nose heavy but it sure covers alot of ground fast. I like it for open areas that arn't junk laden.

and rarely use the 9x8 stock coil. I bought the 5.75 and get almost as much depth as the 9x8 but wayyyyy better discrimination in trashy areas...and in brushy areas the 9x8 spoke is a pain.

Then you need the 5.75 along with the 9x8. If you work in and around bleachers, play equipment, metals poles and so on the 5.75 combined with the Tejon's speed is a must have. As Greg Moscini told me it is second to none. Its just a joy to watch how fast and deep it goes amongst all them poles.

http://www.m-b-l.nl/mijnforum/viewtopic.php?t=443

see this test
the vaquero doing better job with the 12x10.

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?18,291485,291485

here also you can see a positive opinion

its a dutch site!
i dont understand myself either but dont have to
it shows the vaquero better with 12x10 dd than with 9x8 stock