Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What coil should I get?

tnfishdaddy

I have an Ace 250 and have been itching for a change. Instead of spending big bucks on a new detector, I am trying to talk myself into getting a new coil and a Lesche digging tool. Which coil would I get more use out of, the sniper or the bigger one? I search old houses for coins, I like to hit the tot lots, I do a little relic hunting and I go to the beach several times a year. Not sure which to get. Let's hear some recommendations.

When I got my Ace I also purchased the 9 x 12 coil.
On the machine I let go and had a Bullseye 5.3 coil.
It was great for around poles, close to fences, and good for around the poles of a playground.
But since I go to Maine several time a year for beach hunting, baseball fields, park with a lot of wood chips, and places with open areas
I found the larger coil nicer.
All coils have there need, but for mine I find it takes less time with the larger coil then the smaller one..

Hope I helped..

Happy Hunting

Bruce
Upper NY

I would advise the sniper coil. The Lesche or Predator digger is a great choice. I would venture to say that I've found more goodies with the sniper coil than the stock coil.

I only use the 9x12 or Sniper on my Ace 250, I never use the stock coil anymore. If I had to choose only one of the two, I'd choose the Sniper, without a doubt. It is a phenomenal coil. If you do get a Sniper, you'll definitely be saying, "I should have gotten one of these sooner".

If you like doing sports fields for coins and rings.....the large coil is a great addition. It covers more area quicker, goes a little deeper and still pinpoints well.

I got them at different times. If you're doing areas with lots of trash and you're doing this type of hunting most of the time get the "Sniper". If you really want to cover some area quickly with great depth get the large one. As John said the large coil really covers some ground. I use my large coil at beaches and large open areas of parks. My large coil is heavy and you will know you had a workout after using it but it does cover the ground. Get another lower rod for whichever coil as it makes coil change-over quick and simple. I'm sure you can be happy with either coil and still want the other to add to the arsenal.
HH