Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

what are the odds?

rever5101

this morning i found my 13th silver coin since i started a little more than a year ago and wouldn't you know it another dime
all 13 have been dimes 5 merc's-8 rosi's is it just coincidence or does my ace250 particularly love dimes besides the occasional wheat that's all it wants to find i love the machine though easy to use and light as a feather its also found just over an ounce of 14k/10k in the same time period i know that my area is fairly hunted out with the other 6 detectors swinging around that Ive seen but if they left behind 13 dimes and about 30 wheat's their has to be a quarter out there somewhere ---doesn't there?

Nice find, especially in your first year. Don't get discouraged; 13 silver dimes is still 13 pieces of silver. Congrats, and yeah there's probably quarters and larger denominations in there - no place ever gets hunted out. Who knows, there may be gold in that thar field just waiting for ya. Go all metal if you're not already; you'll dig more trash but its the best way to pull out the deep stuff others have missed, and work it slow and methodically. Develop a grid system if you haven't already, but always go back over the areas you've hunted. I don't own a 250, but from all the posts I've read its a coin shooter for sure and loves all coins, not just dimes.

Best of luck and HH.

WTG rev my machine loves coins as well. found more pennies than anything but I don't care as long as I pulling something out of the ground. I hunt in all metal and on my 2nd time out to a tot lot close to me I got a gold ring. The Ace is an awesome maching. I also work my Ace very slow like confcav said. Good luck. Happy dirt fishing:thumbup:

I will have to say that the 250 goes bonkers over dimes. (phone ringing sound) It still hits the other coins though. I just think your coil hasn't went over anything above a silver dime yet. When it does you'll know it!

thanx for the incentive i dont mean to sound discouraged cuz I'm not, especially since I've meet some swingers in my area that swear they haven't found anything old in years so i have no choice but commend Garrett on a great machine that i can actually afford maybe the whites that all six of the locals here use just cant see what the ace has also i cant wait till i get the sniper to maneuver around the very trashy areas (wine & 40oz caps are like a @#$%in plague in all the old spot here) i Finlay got the park bums to quit trying talk me out of my clad maybe with the sniper i can avoid the fruits of their labor also :buds:

Nice streak of silver dimes and a real nice pile of gold. I analyze my streaks too then I remember the words of one of my mentors who says you can only find what's in the ground. Look for places that the other guys missed and you'll get that quarter of half. Make your technique better than theirs and you'll get all the gold they're passing up. Why aren't you posting photos?

Chris

rever

I have yet to find a silver coin silver bracelet but no coins yet feel lucky and privileged!

I am jealous

Don

I have yet to hit silver with my new machine this year too! Can't wait!:garrett:

Silver is rare these days. As time goes by, it gets deeper and deeper. Location is important! Gold is extremely rare - even jewelry.

Good Luck

Bulletman

There are alot more Silver Dimes out there than the bigger Silver Coins. I have not got a Silver Quarter in about a year, about the same time, I got a Silver Franklin Half. Since then I've picked up at least 30 Silver Dimes. Barbers, Mercs, and Rosies. If you are hunting heavily hunted locations, the bigger coins were found first, as they were harder to miss. Sometimes you can only get a deep dime coming from on direction, the larger coins you would usually hear from all directions. Keep hunting, and you will come up with Big Silver. Yards are probably your best bet, but I got my Franklin Half at an extremely well known park that has been pounded for close to 40 years. It was within eyesight of the most heavily hunted field in this park. It was along an edge of the Park, in a narrow strip of grass that nobody had thought to check. It was only 4 inches deep. Yours is out there, go find it.