Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What Accessories Do I Need For My Excal 2

stillhuntin

I posted over on the Minelab forum, all my huntin is at the beaches mabey i should have posted here:

I am ordering accessories for my new Excal 2, in the cart so far i have,1 Anderson Over Under Straight Shaft,(is this the right shaft)1- Anderson Arm Guard Knob Protector and 1- Ear training CD from Toni,i want to set it up right from the get go,all my other machines are Whites and took forever to get them set up right.Any opinions from other Excal users will be greatful.

I just love that chest, I'm definitely going to get one of those! ..... or maybe I should get a scoop first?

Sounds like you are well on your way ... scoop ... yes! mesh pouch so it holds finds and doesn't hold water; and I use boogie board straps that I found on the beach to strap the detector and scoop to me in case I get rolled by a wave ... yes I sometimes get rolled.
Dive boots with a tread to keep most of the sand out; if the water is cool or cold or you want protection from jelly fish, a wet suit of some type. And most of all, patience and persistence.
Enjoy the hunting!
tvr

I see i should have worded the question a little differant,i am adding the Excal to my collection of detectors,and was wondering what was the best setup,it seems to be more out of balance than my other detectors,i am setting it up for my son to use.My CZ-21 finds me plenty.

If you want balance then go with a shaft that places the controls back behind the elbow. There are now several makes available. Look them over closely before buying. Personally, I would stay away from the powder coated shafts if you plan to hunt salt water much. Anodized will hold up better.

After you log some time with your new Excalibur you may want to read some of the books by Clive James Clynick.

Florida straight shaft is the thing to buy...I have one and it has already paid for itself.

Sounds like you and I have bought the identical set up, I went with a Nuttall scoop with the fibre glass handle. I am curious what size coil did you get, I have heard good about both sizes. The Kellyco lady "Wanda" recom. the 10 inch as had some others but I have heard the 8 inch is the way to go.
Gerry Birch Bay WA.

Mine is set up with a Lightning Rod, from Joe Demarco (Demarco Detector Sales). I have used Anderson (CZ21) before, it is a good shaft. I am running Gray Ghost Underwater headphones too. Great mod, but it voids the warranty, if you install them. Minelab no longer will perform the installation. Also Clive James Clynick's (AKA cjc) latest 2 Excal books are excellent resources. The CD may help, but don't trust it as the gospel, there is WAY too much variation in tones of the different targets, to go by it totally, but it wil help. When a target is not laying perfectly flat, it will sound much different. Actual in the field experience, is the best practice.

I ordered the 10 inch coil, all of are huntin is done at these beaches,lots of grass with the high tides,but they are usually spotless,just doin a little recon to see where the people were hanging out,this pic was taken about 2 hours ago,lots of people had already went home for the day.

You are one lucky guy, I have to wait till Nov. to come any where near what you picks show. here in The PNWest its cool waters for sure.
Gerry