Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

what about vid?

findit

hunting for coins, jewelery, and relics does having a machine with
a target meter that either shows what the target is or gives a number
for certain targets really going to be accurate? I like to go by sound
and try to dig almost everything because I am the type of person that
will always second guess myself and say what if. I understand that the
meter is not always right because it could depend on size and depth so
how do you really know what it is? So my point being why even have it,
am I just not the right person for such a machine? Some machines have
different programs for different types of hunting, along with the
visual display, how does one really know if they are in the best program
for the conditions or what the display is saying is accurate.Again is it just me or do these type of machines really help give you an edge over a plain beep and dig. Although I can see a definite advantage to having multiple tones to distinguish different targets for example low tones for say iron and high for cooper and silver. It would be nice if all the tesoros did this.:confused:

I have had four types of detectors....Mono sound with no display, Tones only, Display with mono sound, and Display with tones too. None of them have been perfect, but I have found that having the most info available to my senses allow me to spend most of my time digging good targets. I know I miss some stuff, but I dont have a lot of time to hunt anymore, and I dont want to spend it all digging tabs and can-slaw. So I dont dig targets that fall into a certain number range, and that have crackley audio qualities. But thats just me...I also have a detector that is a "dig everything" detector. I use that for when I have more time. I like both, and both have their place. So Findit...if you've got the time, ignore those ID detectors(and their high prices) and dig, dig, dig!:)

J.

Visual ID gives you a bit more information with which you can then make your decision if you want to dig, or not dig. You certainly dont need VID for relics because most relic hunters dig everything over iron anyway, but showing you depth will always help with target recovery (and maybe not scratching a good find!)

my brother-in-law and I always had this light-hearted competition in who could make the silliest and believable answering machine messages. It carried over to email addys when they came along, and he came out with a classic, in my book...Wonderslug. So, I tried to think of a company name that would be the most absurd one that anyone would do business with. That turned out to be Rent-a-squid, because really, who would want to rent a squid, and even if you did, what would you do with it when you got it home....eat it, play catch with it, take it on walks in a stroller? So, when signing up for screen names, I just used my email addy minus the @wherever.com. Besides, most people dont know how to react to my real name.... J. Brown. Everyone thinks my first name is just an initial for something, when J. is in fact, the full first name that my mom and pop gave me.
So, I will let you decide Gene, which is odder...Rentasquid or J. :lol:

Now this is funny you should mention this! Let me tell you a sailors story that fits.

When I was in the NAVY and on overseas deployment, I volunteered for the civilian hosting programs we had on board. This meant that whenever the ship went to a foreign port, if you had signed up, you would be picked up by one of the local families, taken home for a good meal, a tour around town and evening drinks. Sometimes if you had enough liberty, an overnight stay with your hosts was possible. You gotta love them Europeans

Now most hostings were done by nice families in nice homes and so on. But, I remember one time in Trieste, Italy, these two attractive young ladies came in to the hall where we were to be picked up and - you guessed it - they took me and my friend home with them. And I mean we got taken HOME ;)

It didnt alwyas happen like THAT, and usually it was pretty tame by most sailors standards. Acutally, the program was a well kept secret among the crew, as only the most daring would go off with total strangers like that. Those of us in the know, however, jokingly called the program by a fitting nickname: We called it, "Rent-A-Squid."