Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What a week!

Dan-MO

Last week was part of my annual vacation-no work all week and I hoped to get a few things done around the house I have been puting off and maybe sneak in a day of detecting.Alas it was not to be.....

My first day off a week ago last Saturday we received word that our son was in the hospital facing surgery for a badly imflamed gall bladder.We rushed to a St. Louis hospital (80 miles away)and spent the day and part of the night with him.The surgery turned out fine and he is home and doing well.

The next day we recieved a call that my 80 year old mother-in-law had taken a fall and was enroute via ambulance to the ER.Again we rushed to the hospital where we learned that she had fractured a disc. in her back.She was admitted and spent the night in the hospital.She came home Monday is doing well and is expected to make a full recovery.

Monday night I developed a very high fever and by Tuesday morning had came down with the worst case of stomach virus I have ever had.I spent most of the next 3 days in the bathroom praying for death!

Friday I was feeling better and made an appointment with an accountant to do our taxes.We usually break about even and that was what I expected this year......WRONG!I had received a bonus at work last Feb. with no taxes withheld from it and get to pay Uncle Sam another $1800.00 on top of the thousands we already payed this year.I also got to pay the accountant $200.00. Not really complaining about this-if your paying taxes-at least you have an income and things could be worse.......anyway Uncle needs the money:help: It was just a surprise.

I spent the rest of the weekend taking care of my wife who caught my virus while taking care of me....I guess turnabout is fair play.By the time this morning rolled around I couldn't wait to get to work!Not sure if I could survive another day of vacation!:look::lmfao::crazy:

I have had weeks like that. Sucks

Appears you had lots of excitement...wrong type of excitement. I am sorry to hear about all the sad, bad luck things that happened on your vacation...next year should be better. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

Glad all are OK though!

Dave

Seriously, I do hope that the rest of the year gets better

calm seas

M

n/t