Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What a miserable night!!

Royal

Like I said yesterday, I got a flu shot and a pneumonia shot yesterday. Flu in the right arm and the other in the left. I was sore in both arms but the right arm got pretty dang miserable about 9PM last night. When I was visiting Mike and Alice last spring I bought some high power aspirin and brought them home with me. They work great but have codeine in the and I don't like to use them much.

My right shoulder was aching so bad that I knew I would have a tough time sleeping so I took two of the suckers a little after 9PM. At 11;30 I took my old man pills and a sleeping pill as I knew I would have problems. I went right to sleep.

I woke up at 1;30 am and just ached. I could not turn over without picking up my arm and lifting it. It was a very sharp pain, not like a shot really. It even went down my Triceps. and over the shoulder to the biceps. I finally got up and took two more of the super aspirin. I figured it would kill me or cure me. Wrong! Four super pills and a sleeping pill and I just lay there awake now. I lay for an hour and then got up and watched some TV and did a little surfing. I went back to bed and tried to sleep. Nothing doing. I just lay there wide awake.

I generally listen to audio books as I lay in bed and when I start missing things I turn it off and go directly to sleep. Heck, I listened to chapter after chapter last night. I got up again and watched some TV again. I must have gotten to sleep at around 5;30, at least that is the last time I looked at the clock and finally got up for the day and 7;15.

That dang shoulder sore tooth right now. I have to sorta carry it in my other hand.

:cry: I need some TLC

Take care of it and if it don't get better, haull yourself off to a clinic.

calm seas

Mikie

n/t

I just made my appointment for Nov 20th. We get a freebie on our health plan!

Hope ya can get some sleep tonight!

must be nasty when you get no sleep even with all those pills! Glad i didn't get one of those shots!

n/t

you might have had a reaction to something either in the shot, or the codeine. Codeine works exactly opposite on me, and will keep me up for hours! Next time call a doctor. Dang I'm glad you are still here to tell us about it!
:cheekkiss: Hope you sleep well tonight! :)

My arm is not even the littlest bit better. It has to be a reaction of some sort. I have been using a heating pad and it seems to be helping.

I went out and found three Geocaches today though.

Bummer on the arm. I had a similar reaction about 5 years ago so stopped getting the shots. I just take my chances. Might regret it but so far, so good. Geo-CT

...that it makes you appreciate the good days. ...and if you DO get sick, you can always think back to the night after you got the shots...you know...the time when you REALLY felt like heck.

Hey, maybe I should start takin' those shots myself. Sounds like you are really healthy. :lol:

"excuse me for laughin' Royal. I s'pose I should be mor compassionate. Methinks you could work out the soreness with a short kayak trip, weather permitting, eh?

Hope you are better now. Keep in touch.

aj