Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What a miserable day in the Michigan north

Royal

I am up here for a few days, just to get out of Mary's hair. I have to go back down by Friday for my eye doc appointment and am trying to keep myself busy up here.

My laptop crashed and burned a couple weeks ago. It was running fine but I formatted my desktop and liked the improvement in speed so I deceided to do it with the laptop. Bad idea :( It never worked again. I took it to a local tech and he said it was the mother board so I took it to Best Buy when I went home for Christmas and they agreed. 500 plus labor :( Not worth it. I found a place on the web that repairs Mother Boards for quite a bit less but I have not sent it to them. It is useless the way it is now but I don't know squat about this Texas company I found.

I took my desktop south the last time I went, I did not want to mess with Mary's puter and I had to have one. I came back up and didn't want to haul the desktop back and fourth so I decided to set up my old one I had in storage up here. I am on it now.

It runs pretty well but since it is a 450 with 382 meg of ram-the max it will run- it is slower than snail snot. I put in a new video card yesterday so now I can run Google Earth but it sure ain't my old laptop :(

I am gonna hide three more cashes today and it is sure sloppy. Rainy and more on the way. I am dressing warm as I will have a bit of a hike but taking a raincoat along.

I have four hidden around Marl Lake and these three more will finish a five mile loop. I have had cross country skiers fine them a couple time in the last week and they seemed to like the area. I gotta walk it though :)

I have a bird feeder I keep filled with sunflower seeds and the dang deer are draining it over night! I have to move it or just forget about filling it I guess. I feed them lots of corn but the jerks figured how to get the sunflowers.

Maybe I will take the camera along in case I see a bear that is coming out of the den to look over the early spring. :D

Later

n/t

Sorry to hear the news bud.. It seems as though we all go through this stress at one time or another. Hope that things get better soon for you.

Fair winds

Mikie

I just went to the dollar store and bough some junk the kids like to put in the cashe. I have been putting a silver half dollar in to for FTF (That means first to find) a small notebook for them to sign and headed for the lake.

I got out there and it started pouring out and I said to hell wth it and headed back here to watch some tv. I have been trying to think of something to write about but my mind is coming up blank, sorta happens as you age they tell me :D

If the weather changes I will get them out as soon as I can. Nobody is gonna hunt them in this crap anyway :D

Hummmmm? I gotta think of some dang thing to write a story about. Problem is, I can not remember what I already wrote about. Hummmmm

n/t

getting a new laptop,you know how it goes most of the time.you dump money into something fixing it and realize it wasn't worth it.good luck on the bear picture:).