Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What a day!

Royal

I didn't sleep worth a darned again last night and woke up with a sinus headache that stuck with my all day long. It has been hotter than heck here lately and today was no exception. I worked on the house and am getting close to putting it on the market.

Mary came home from work and started doing some puter work and I decided to head for a park to do a little bugging. I looked in my little camera bag and made sure I had a spare battery. I have four but keep two in the big bag that I don't take with me as a rule.

I get out to the park, about a 15 minute drive and it is deserted, just the way I like it. I get the camera out and head for the woods. I turn on the camera as I walked and looked at the battery and it said I only had 15 minutes left. What a pain! I went back to the truck to get my spare and popped it in. I looked at the battery meter and that dang thing was DEAD!! I was pissed! There was nobody around so I gave myself a good cussing.

Well I popped the 15 minute battery back in and even though I knew it would not last that long I figured I would use it up. I again headed for the woods. The horse flys were driving me nuts so I went back to the truck for some spray and hosed myself down.

I tried to get a few shots of whatever I could and there were a lot of subjects but it was trying to sprinkle now and I soon headed for the truck and head home.

I got home and looked for my big camera bag to get the charger out and put a fresh battery in the camera. I could not find it. Crap! Then it dawned on me...

I went back out to the truck and there the big bag was, setting on the back seat all the time.

What an ijit!! This is all I got for my efforts. The rest were horrible

That is a weired looking little feller.I get the
feeling that I am looking into the windshield of
a flying machine with a little pilot sitting in
in there getting ready to take off.

You never see those clever markings that they have unless there is a macro shot!!!

Well done

All the best

m

I spent the day trying to repair the gas tank on my truck:rage:
I filled it this morning and when i got home i smelled gas. Looking under i saw a drip from my front tank (the rear tank has been useless for years). Could not see the leak as it was on the top 1/3 behind the seam.
After a few choice words i found a mirror and a flashlight, Located the leak and spent an hour trying to get a metal screw with a rubber washer and a gob of sealall in the tiny hole. Covered with gas and trying to see through a 2 inch space above the driveshaft while using a mirror and two fingers on a very short screwdriver is not on my list of "to do before i die" things anymore:rolleyes:
It seems to have stopped leaking and when i get the tank down to under a half hopefully i can do a better repair job:shrug:
Nice pic Royal:D
Wayner

Those wings look like they were cut out of the cellophane from a pack of cigarettes, so clear and detailed. The yellow body really stands out against the green background, outstanding! This really motivates me to get my butt in gear in learning and posting some macro bug photos. Royal, thanks for posting this photo, it is a good one! Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

yet.man the color on the head of the dragon fly(i hope that's what it is)sure shows up and it's wings look like glass or fragile ice.i guess it's the sheen.sounds like a rough day sinus'and no sleep.

colors unless you shoot the macros. at least I never paid much attention.

I took about a dozen shots of this guy to get this one. I was shooting fast because this was before I went back for the OFF. Horse flys were dinning on me

on this subject. As a matter of fact, I bought the camera just for this purpose...macro photography.

My old digital camera was only 1.3 mega pics, and was approximately seven or eight years old...crude by today's standards. It was given to me by my son when he upgraded to a better, more advanced camera. When I became interested in macro bug photography, I knew that I needed a better digital camera, thus I finally bought the one that I am now trying to learn how to use. The major problem encountered so far is not knowing how to use all the controls on the camera, which has created the problem of my concentrating on the camera, not on what is important which is the actual macro photography. Now that I recognise the problem, I should move forward in this hobby, especially now that Mike has the same camera which will enable us to compare notes on how to use it. I kinda think that I should have bought the same model camera that you are using, it would have made things just a tab easier.

Royal, your pictures have encouraged me, pointed me in the direction of a new hobby, one that I am already enjoying...now that I have a good camera, I just need to get a better fly swatter and a new can of bug spray! Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

this picture was taken full automatic and in Macro mode. I just pointed and shot. Shot a number of junk ones too.

I am not a photographer but just like the little guys and let the camera do the work

you just push your button down half way, let it focus and then trip the shutter. If you are just pushing the button and not giving it a chance to focus you will not get sharp pictures.

Push the shutter button in half way and watch it focus, if the bug comes into focus take the picture, if it doesn't focus properly just move a little and try again. The camera will do the work

n/t

Two Tylinol PM, one excedren and a sinus pill. Slept like a log.

Thanks for the nice words about a quick picture