Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What a bummer :ranting::rant:

Dan(NM)

I just moved back to Texas 2 weeks ago and started my new route with the post office in the oldest part of town. Dozens of older, historic houses on or near my route :super: I've always had a very high success rate of getting permissions as a letter carrier in the neighbors I carry in. Well....7 days into my new route, I turn around, take one step from my truck, hit the edge of a drop off, fell to the ground like a sack of taters!! Ended up breaking my ankle and doing some soft tissue damaged :stars: I'll find out next week exactly how long I'll be out of commission and what exactly I did other than break it. One good thing is, I can still drive, so I'll be able to scout out some nearby towns and do some research :)

Dang man I hope you heal up quickly!

That stinks cos sorry Dan I guess it’s good that it happened “on the job” heal up quickly.
Mark

Wow Dan, that sucks! Hope it's not too bad a break. Heal up quick.

“ neither snow nor sleet nor dark of night or a broken ankle would keep me from detecting “. Wishing you a speedy recovery...

Ouch, that sucks. Expect about 8 - 12 weeks recovery.

Ouch is right!

You’ll be out there soon enough and guess what - the finds will be waiting for you!

Feel better soon!

Tony

I assume your new boss was impressed?:lol: Heal up quick buddy, those coins aren’t gonna come to you!

IDXMonster said:
I assume your new boss was impressed?:lol: Heal up quick buddy, those coins aren’t gonna come to you!

Lol.... my supervisor thought I was pulling his leg at first....I'm not real popular at the office right now.

Sorry to hear that Dan.----Broken ankles are now fun---I had one years ago and for a long time afterwards it healed, I could tell about a change in the weather (pain in the ankle).-----May sound crazy but that's the way it was---it's not like that anymore though.-------------Del

Took a month after operation for them to allow rehab for my wife...

G..

Guvner said:

G..

No kidding Guv, it took 2 days of calling dr's just to find one that would handle a DOL claim which is a real handy 75 miles away. It'll be 8 days after I broke my ankle before I see a Dr that can fill out the forms that have to be given to the PO. Then, God only knows how long before I get the claim number from the PO to get a reference to an orthopedic surgeon.

Dan(NM) said:
Guvner said:

G..

No kidding Guv, it took 2 days of calling dr's just to find one that would handle a DOL claim which is a real handy 75 miles away. It'll be 8 days after I broke my ankle before I see a Dr that can fill out the forms that have to be given to the PO. Then, God only knows how long before I get the claim number from the PO to get a reference to an orthopedic surgeon.

its a slow process even when you arent dealing with work injury complications. When my daughter broker her ankle, all they could do was cast it and wait several weeks for the swelling to go down before they could do surgery to repair it. She still has limitations in that foot 10 years later.

Shouldn't be a problem since it happened on the job. I slipped on the ice delievering my route in 1985 on a Friday and the doctor waited till Monday to set it so the swelling would go down but everything was taken care of.

I wish you a quick recovery.

Rich