Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Whaaaa Hoooo

Wile.E

Hey fellas , if didnt see last posts ,am new TESORO convert,have arsenal of detectors, but just bought new to me eldorado couple weeks ago. Sent to service right awaiy,which is hats off the best ive ever experienced with any product. Basically have new machine, but in mean time aquired new compadre also,because of hype ive seen on this forum, havent got to really got to use either one yet because of 40 some days straight of 100+ heat here in n central oklahoma but anxiety is for with machinecing me to go this week-end.Just got Eldorado back today. Have lined up some good locations while been looking at these 4 walls. Anyway any helpful hints on the eldorado would be appreciated. I am used to manually gb machines and seemed to pick up on this one immediately but I know some of you are more experienced with this machine ,so any advice extremely appreciated. Youll be hearing lot more from me, sure ill be welcomed here ,think Im already Tesorohaulic.

welcome to my world! My little herd is all Tesoro! I have the big box 1986 Eldorado with the widescan 8 in coil. KILLER! in sandy dirt cant be beat. Now i have only tried salt once when i first got it, and coast a long ways off, 4 hrs, so dont get to go. but fresh water beach sand, GET A SHOVEL! its too dang deep for a little digger. I carry directions, reduced in size, when i get discombobulated or out of tune. It is a ten turn unit. i am forgetfull. but it is a very smooth stable unit, adjustible to our Ga red clay, sand. My silver sabre plus has spoiled me, but i love my eldo and an amigo II for the trunk. iron breaks up easily, learn to thumb disc and see where the crap falls out, ya will love it. welcome to the real world of no nonsence detecting! HH carey

Congrats on your Eldorado

I have experience with ground balanced beep &dig Tesoros, I just don't have experience with the Eldo. After ground balancing nuetral per the manual (no change in threshold) basically set disc. to respond to what you want to dig, I set my disc at minimum, on a Bandido (ED 120) this discs out a small surface nail. Your Eldo (ED 180) has all-metal acceptance at minimum disc....so it has to be set at a higher disc level, just thow a rusty 3 or 4 inch square nail on the ground and disc. it out, at this setting your Eldo should respond to small foil.,,, this is a good setting for small gold jewelry. If you want to scout out a yard for old silver coins, just set disc. level to reject a common pull tab and dig zinc penny and higher conductive coins. Just have fun and experiment a bit.

I like to set the GB on my Eldorado umax to just slightly positive (threshold hum increases slightly when coil is lowered). I've found the detector to be deep on iron relics and the like and a good coin gobbler in the parks. I think you'll like yours when you get to know it.
BB

Thanks for the tips guys, all appreciated.Finally had good thunderstorm here tonight with lots much needed rain. Plan on going out to play with machines tomorrow.