Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

We're Off Again

C. Nyal de Kaye

Next week we are off looking for gold again, probably for about four weeks.

This time we are only travelling about 100 mile from home and will mainly be panning.

I have been making a High Banker over the last few weeks and we are going to give it a bit of a test run.

The pic shows Version One being tested a few days ago. I am now on Version 3, and I think that it will be good this time.

The pics shows V1 up on bricks etc as I was running the water from a large yellow bucket and recirculating it and needed some extra height.

The base is an Angus MacKirk river sluice that I picked up on eBay for less than half-price.

The High Banker is a new experience for us, but we have done quite a bit of panning and crevicing before.

The area we are going is not much good for detecting but, as it is close to home, it will be a cheap holiday.

The day we leave our oldest son, his wife and three kids are moving into our house for .... who knows how long?

They have sold their house (that they owned outright) but have not been able to find a suitable place yet, hence their move into our house.

It truly is coincidental that we are off for a prospecting holiday on the same day they move in. Honestly it is!

Our plans were made months ago; we have been waiting for autumn to avoid the heat.

So I will be absent without leave for a while as we will have no communication where we will be.

We leave next Thursday.

Blessings Norm for a safe journey. May you hit the "mother-load" out there! Godspeed my friend.

Amazing God to HIs own...May He bless you both with good weather and health and hope you find gold with your panning and sluicing! Sounds like fun even if it is hard work! :thumbup: :angel: Ma

n/t

You all have fun. I cant wait to see all of your pictures when you get back. You always have really good pictures and stories, kind of makes me feel like I am there.

Thanks folks for all your good wishes, they are appreciated.

We hope to have something good to report but you never know in the prospecting game.

But a few weeks in the bush is always good medicine for whatever ails you so we are looking forward to it.

My wife's sister is also coming for at least one week of the time so that will be an added bonus.

I'll catch up with all the news in a few weeks.