Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Went to the club last night and we were trying out our new jump.

George-CT

Figured some of you might enjoy seeing some of the other bike riding we do there. This a new ramp we built for stunt work. I'm amazed that the insurance company said it was ok. Somehow I think the lady who OKed it was thinking it was a ramp to load a bike on a truck. I'm pretty sure this is not what she had in mind. We dozed up a nice steep landing for the bikes and its working pretty well.

Here is one of the guys working on being able to move around on the bike while flying thru the air and still land it. Before we were done, we had about 6 guys playing with this last night but my batteries went dead so this was all I could grab. I'll get more next week if anyone is interested.

In the first one you can see how steep this is by the compression of the shocks before the bike unloads.... Its much steeper than it looks.
You need some serious air to complete this move. #1

As you can see in this one, Elvis has left the building, I mean ramp for a test run for distance so he can land it..... #2

Hooking feet under handle bars to to a lay back on the bike.. #3

The layback.. #4

Coming in for the landing...#5

Almost down........#6

George-CT

I was looking for smoke or flames :biggrin:. Someone is getting pretty good air there.

ambulance if it don't work out. He started on BMX bikes and then got into dirt bikes. Both will hurt you if you make a mistake. Yeah, this is some serious air for anyone. My jumping days are over. Back don't like that compression on the landing at all anymore.

George

i did a bit of jumping in my race days but nothing like that! I have wondered recently if there is enough room on the seat for cojones that big:biggrin:
More is good George:thumbup:

Kind of a wild bunch that like to push the limits. Even so, they are all very good riders or get to be over time. IF they keep pushing their luck, and they all do, at some point you get hurt. One guy last night went over the bars on a big jump and they had to transport him via ambulance. I could not tell what he broke, but he was telling the EMT, his hip, leg and ribs were really hurting. Fact it was a friend of mines son. Hard to watch it. I've seen it with my own kids, not a nice feeling knowing that most of the times the parents introduced them into the sport. I'd say, most of us in the club are a few fins short of a full fish.....

George-CT

But I bet you guys have tons more fun than the rest of us. Hope that guy's not hurt too bad. I'll tell ya George.......sometimes wished I had that kind of jam...........I think ? :lol::beers:

We teach kids to ride and get them off the streets. We do all types of riding there, but motocross is the main interest. Next would be Hare Scrambles, Enduro's, Trials, Hill climbs, and then just anything that comes to mind that looks like fun. The above pictures are the latest brain storm. Just over 30 acres of fun and frolic. The money we make we give to charity. We are non profit status. The club has been there since 1967. We have come along way over the years. You can check us out at http://www.cccmx.com I maintain do their Web site. None are really into computers so we keep it simple to get around on with lots of pictures. Our downfall will be people keep moving in around us. They see the track. Fact, the real estate agents have to tell them about us by CT law. Yet they still don't like the noise from the 6 events a year we hold. I look at it like moving next to a cow farm. If you don't like the smell of cows, don't move there. The town loves us as we donate to everything, gave the consessions to the Lions Club at our track. We keep 5 surrounding ambulance services busy year round till the ground freezes. Good practice for their EMT's....

George-CT

And read the article on your club's origins and history. Pretty neat how it's grown, particularly in light of the roadblocks that the club was initially faced with. If this were baseball we were talkin' George, sounds to me like you guys would be at least Triple A ! Pretty impressive. :thumbup:

that history page for over a year. I have a lot of pictures and articles to go in it. I was surprised how much stuff the members had saved and even the family of deceased members donated material for it. It became a bigger project than expected so I stopped working on it until this winter again, when I'm dug in the cabin here and can do it right. A lot of the pictures and stuff needed to be retouched . We burn it as we go on CD and send it to members family. Its always been a fun club. Just a bunch of guys who needed a place to ride where no one could chase us out. This is what its has become. Everyone is a volunteer, no one gets paid for anything. You really have to love it to keep doing it. Our track is more Supercross than Motocross. Very technical with lots of jumps and hard turns.both left and right. If one learns to ride our track well, they can ride any track. The week before the Southwick Nationals, all the Pro Riders come to our track as our guest and practice all week. We really enjoy them being there, and they teach us and the members a lot of tricks. They let our guys chase them and see what lines they are running and how. A lot of skill and big stones help a lot. We just built a new club house and garage. All the work was done by the membership. Right now we are about as big as we can get and still do it all with volunteers. More stuff on the property, means more taxes etc, which means more public races. 6 events keeps us going. They rest are for club members and guest. We do hold a few BMX rides, pedal bikes for the kids to cancer rides etc. The kids love it and so does the public. Many of them return later and join and ride dirt bikes. We are in a 6 track loop. So they ride Ct, one week, Mass, the next, then Maine, NH, VT and last NY. So we don't have to hold a lot of events. We are usually the first track to open in the spring time as we loose the snow first. Not always as we have run our April races in snow. We finish up in either September or October. Then the rest of the year its more fun and games and we change the track around, set it up for quads, trucks, snowmobiles before the ground freezes. We race each other every Wed night before our meeting. Fun hobby, keeps you in better shape in general. If the kids are working on the bikes, they are busy rather than getting in trouble.

George Worrall

Never did that sort of stunt work... Never had the desire for broken bones and concussions?? :):

that is some serious riding.

Fair winds

Mikie

I had been wondering if you guys ever entertained any pro riders at your club. Boy o' boy......that's gotta be one highly respected track and club for them to stop your way. Pretty awesome stuff George and a great way to keep the younger generation busy with pure, clean fun. I tip my hat to you and your friends at what is obviously a first-rate club and group of people . :clap:

for broken bones or concussions. I think you have had more than your share just being you, haven't you??? Gosh you would be a real mess if you had tried this! Glad ya didn't, for sure! :)