Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Went relic hunting and scored a bucket lister.

Dan(NM)

Yesterday my buddy stumbled onto another hot spot at the 1850's site we've been hunting since the beginning of the year and found a Dragoon and an R button along with a really nice rosette. He wasn't able to go out today, but he gave me his blessing to head over and hunt it today. I'm sure he's not to happy about that now :)
I got there at 05:30 this morning and right away period items began to come to light, dropped musket ball, pistol ball, percussion cap and a trouser button on the first pass. That's always a good sign when you start to pull some keepers right from the get go. On the next pass, a percussion cap, 2 pulltabs, a pistol ball and then I get a 21-22 on the Nox 800. We seldom get very many items that hit in the 20's except aluminum slaw or deeply buried aluminum cans, most hits are in the 9 to 19 range. I fully expected to dig a piece of trash and was totally unprepared for what came out, when I saw what it was, I just threw it back onto the dirt pile, stood up and started walking around stunned. A major bucket lister that I always wanted to dig, but just never figured I'd ever see come outta the hole, my first Spanish Reale, B)- My goal for the day was to at least dig a Dragoon or maybe another R button. This was the last thing I thought would ever come from this site, I'm still in awe that I was privileged to find such an awesome coin.
Somehow I was able to compose myself and continue hunting for another 9 hours and ended up with some excellent relics to add to my display case once I finish hunting this site. I did dig a lead, 1 piece button, my 3rd from here, anyone have any idea if it's period and what it's from? Once again my settings on the Nox

11" coil

Sens 23

Recovery 4

Iron bias 0

No disc

GB at 3-6

Park 1

2-tones

Tone break -9 to +8

Nice Digs Dan those Reales are not easy to come by! Congratulations man!you never know what will come out of the ground when I dug my 2 Reale on a beach I was stunned!
Never thought I’d find a Reale on a beach!

Your killin' it Dan !! Better buy your friend a 6 pack LOL:beers: I remember my first Spanish, found it north Missouri of all places :shrug:
HH Jeff

Lottery Ticket time!:happy:

Stunning find for out West. That's on my bucket list as well. Huge congrats.

Rich

Good Job. Nice Coin

Awesome bunch of finds....what is the top left button eagle with shield? Curious as to the denomination of the reale as it’s gotta little green patina on it.... great finds...I love finding things that make me pace in a circle for a few minutes lol...

bootyhoundpa said:
Awesome bunch of finds....what is the top left button eagle with shield? Curious as to the denomination of the reale as it’s gotta little green patina on it.... great finds...I love finding things that make me pace in a circle for a few minutes lol...
. Thank you ! We call that button a kepi, it was a type of hat button. My reale is a 1/2, it must be the lighting or my phone as it has the usual grey/black patina that almost all our dug silver has.

Dan(NM) said:
bootyhoundpa said:
. Thank you ! We call that button a kepi, it was a type of hat button. My reale is a 1/2, it must be the lighting or my phone as it has the usual grey/black patina that almost all our dug silver has.
. Ok,very good...thanks..

Man, Dan, where do I begin? Congrat's to you on one heckofa Relic Hunt. Well Done on the Spanish Reale, the buttons, and the D buckle. You did well on this spot. That oughtta fill a nice display box up. I'll be your buddy goes along next time out. Continued Success to the two of you.

Man, Dan, where do I begin? Congrat's to you on one heckofa Relic Hunt. Well Done on the Spanish Reale, the buttons, and the D buckle. This oughtta fill up a nice display box. I'll bet your buddy comes along next time out. Continued Success to the two of you.

Those are some great finds..... Those are special hunts that will always be remembered …….when you think about your detecting career .. congrats!