Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Went out today

Lori

got permission to hunt a property were two old houses used to sit. I don't know the ages of the houses though.

So I went out for a couple hours today and I found 10 pennies, 3 dimes, a wheatie, a combo lock with chain, a ladies belt buckle, a tag of some sort and a small toy jeep. Hey least I found something!

Good job! Sounds like you found some neat stuff. I sometimes like finding the oddball stuff better than coins. I once found a small brass turtle at a former house site that I really like. I bet you're going to find more neat things. Good luck & HH.

Hi Lori,
Great job getting permission and getting out to find the digs. I bet there is more hiding there. When I find a place like that I will hunt it to death...hit all the obvious places then try to find the out of the way areas that start to show you a pattern of what the old families lives were like. Paths to the outhouse or ice house, paths to the water source or carriage house, the old garden or clothes line. A mental picture starts to show up and the property starts to get bigger and the coins draw you in. If your finding wheat's then listen for the silver too they keep company.
The tags can have value, do you know what it is?
Anyway glad to read your gettin out.

Good luck
utahshovelhead

On old sites like that, I tend to hit it hard near the street or road. I dig lots of indians next to the road, that would be the original grade of the yard not covered by fill dirt. Good luck!

amc

Great job Lori. Keep up the good work. I think it would be neat if you able to also add a few pictures with your posts. I don't know how others do it, but I either scan my coins in or take a picture with my digital camera and then upload them to a private area on Facebook. Once they are uploaded I click on the picture to enlarge it, then right click, select properties, and copy the entire url starting with http......then in my post here on Findmall I click the little icon that looks like a mountain and a sun (when you highlight it with your mouse it says 'Insert Image URL' this will pop up a box where you can paste your url from Facebook or where ever it happens to be stored.

Anyway, good luck and Happy Hunting!

or just find it visually. Look for old markings, roads or different colors in the fields around the houses, it might be other dwellings close by. It helps! Just another asset. Happy Hunting........:detecting:

WTG Lori Mickfin