Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Went out hunting for a little while today

scsomike

we took my 7 year old to the park to practice a little baseball and i took the 250 out with me. Spent a few minutes on the mulch covered tot lot and found these keys. They appear to be copper or something with a chrome coating. any ideas? oh yeah, they showed up as pull tabs on the ace 250 and were about 4 inches into the dirt below the wood chips.

that was all i found other than a lot of trash, it started getting busy with other park goers making their way in, so we packed up and came home. no coins at all today!

Is the key shaft hollow? If so they could be handcuff keys.

I found one one time also. I was told they are jewelery box keys. Hand cuff keys in a tot lot? Some of the places where I live that could happen......ehehehe......

yeah it's hollow in the middle, i don't think they are cuff keys though, the little "flag" portion of the key sticks out too far for my cuffs and they are keyed the same as all modern cuffs. i was thinking jewelry or maybe a locket of some type. the keys were tied together with some type of yarn.

They are for antique furniture of some kind. Jewelry box, hutch, roll top desk, piano, etc. Most of them take that sort of key, with minor differences. Lots of them are still available. I just fitted a couple to a customers china cabinet a few days ago. The modern replacements are nickle plated brass. Hope that helps.

I would say some girls diary.
Without some way to determine the size it makes identification difficult.

Clock winding keys.