Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Went Out :detecting: Friday Morning And .....

SeniorSeeker

Now the rest of the story. I went back to our children's playground, cleaned up the area, and then began to detect. There were lots of mom's and dad's there, with their little ones, so I tried to detect the areas they weren't in at the time. One little girl about 5 years old looks down, from above on the equipment, and asked me what I was doing. I said I was looking for lost treasure and oddly enough had a nickle signal at that moment. So I told her, with her mom right there, to come down and see. She came down and I slowing moved the top chips away from the signal area and behold a shiny new nickle was there! She got all excited so I picked it out of the dirt, cleaned it off, and asked her if she wanted it. Of course she said yes and proceeded to follow me around the playground. Together we found several other coins and I told her, with her mom there, to be sure and put them all in her 'piggy bank'. She said she didn't have a piggy bank and her mother said she'd make sure she gets one. The little tike said thank you sir, at mom's promting and we said our goodbyes. It was the nicest time I've ever had metal detecting. To be able to share with that little girl really brightened my day.

n/t

Grateful to have gotten out again this morning, for a couple hours. I found 2 quarters, 7 dimes, 2 nickels, 4 copper pennies, and 3 zinks. Oh, and I found a beautiful gold button. I didn't see any markings on it so it's not likely gold but gold finish. Pretty none the less.

SeniorSeeker said:
Now the rest of the story. I went back to our children's playground, cleaned up the area, and then began to detect. There were lots of mom's and dad's there, with their little ones, so I tried to detect the areas they weren't in at the time. One little girl about 5 years old looks down, from above on the equipment, and asked me what I was doing. I said I was looking for lost treasure and oddly enough had a nickle signal at that moment. So I told her, with her mom right there, to come down and see. She came down and I slowing moved the top chips away from the signal area and behold a shiny new nickle was there! She got all excited so I picked it out of the dirt, cleaned it off, and asked her if she wanted it. Of course she said yes and proceeded to follow me around the playground. Together we found several other coins and I told her, with her mom there, to be sure and put them all in her 'piggy bank'. She said she didn't have a piggy bank and her mother said she'd make sure she gets one. The little tike said thank you sir, at mom's promting and we said our goodbyes. It was the nicest time I've ever had metal detecting. To be able to share with that little girl really brightened my day.
And brightened her day
Have a Jesus filled day
Greg in Michigan