Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Went Hunting with my oldest Daughter this weekend.

Bayrat76

Went hunting with my oldest daughter this week end. She put the hammer on this 8 point buck. He was about 150 yards and She hit him in the neck, the bullet went through juggler vein. He took off running and ran out about 250 yards a stop for a moment, I could see the blood blowing out. just as he took off she shot him again hit him in the hind quarter just right of the spin and the bullet bunched off the hip bone. He ran in the thick white brush, I knew it would not be a problem finding him with the way he was bleeding. I went to were I thought he ran in at and the blood was ever were, I followed the trial for about 50 yards and there he laid. You can see a picture of my blind I built last year, It is 22 foot to the floor with the windows about 25 feet. With the thick white brush I can see over a lot of it. Her first deer in 3 years. The last time she shot one she was pregnant with her oldest daughter. I got to get some better bullets these will not expand well. But the 22-250 has been a great gun for her.

a good harvest and a happy girl:clapping:
I used 70 gr bullets in my 22.250 and they did very well. Lighter bullets or FMJ were not good on game at all. If you pick your shots and use the right bullet it is a perfectly good caliber.

22-250 has taken a lot of them in this area. Tack shooting weapon. Pick your spot and squeeze. Woodchucks to Whitetails, they get the job done. I've seen the tower units down south but never up north here in New England. I would think in open land like that, they get you up where you sure can cover some ground. Can you keep and extra 7mm mag in there for the long distance ones?

George-CT

is it a hunt club. I can not imagine a stand like that on public land up here. That looks like comfortable hunting for sure!

No the land is leased for hunting rights. A couple of friends of my run cattle on it, plus hunting rights. It is just south west of Lake Corpus Christi, in Live Oak County. The bullet is a 55 grain I thing it's all I could find. Bullets are getting harder to find now that the Dems. control it all. From my blind on the hill it's sits on I can see the lake about 5 miles away. I think I am going to build another one this year 5 foot buy 8 foot. so I can get my grand kids in it but only a 5 foot stand. It's been awhile since I changed a diaper in a deer stand.

n/t

would that be a Remington 700 ADL? That is a nice deer for that area where you all were hunting. Did you run across any rattlesnakes in that brush? That smile on her face says it all...very good story, thanks! Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

I got it in 1967, my father gave it to me. It has killed a many deer. I got to strip it down this year an down some work to it.

My middle daughter called my oldest this week and told her she was reporting her to Peta. the middle daughter is very sensitive to any kind of killing. Two years ago I flew out to Cal. and picked her up to move her back down her while her husband was in Iraq, I was in there truck and she was in her car. We stopped the night in Van Horn, we got up early the next morning and started out, about lunch we pulled over to eat in Kerrville , When we were sitting there she told me about how sad she was seeing all those deer dead along IH 10 that morning and so many of them were hit so hard there heads had been knock off, well I started to laugh and told her that people had cut the head off to get the horns, I wish now I would have let her think what she did, because she cried all though lunch. All 3 are dead eye shots with rifle or pistol. Here's a pick of the 3 of them.

three daughters, which are now my best friends. They are 29, 33, and 38. I also have two granddaughters who are precious! Grandsons are great of which I have 4, but those little girls are just special! I will try and find a good pic to send when it's not so late. Right now I think I will go to bed, it's been a very trying day to say the least. Thanks for sharing your photos! :)